Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Default Lift Kit

Does my truck even exist. I have a 92 B2600i 4X4 everywhere I look I cannot find a lift kit or any aftermarket parts. Am I looking in the wrong direction? I Just took it to have the T-case fixed the chain was slipping. I bought a Milemarker winch for it, now i want Some sort of lift kit for it and i need a brush guard to mount it to that shouldn't be much of a problem. Any help would be apriciated. John

Old 04-17-2006, 02:11 AM
Default RE: Lift Kit

i can get just about any thing for that i have a three inch body lift for it and if you want to mount the winch to the bumper i know a place in midland tx that makes customs for it

Old 04-18-2006, 12:26 PM

What is the place in midland that has could get the Brush guard? I didn't really want a body lift but i guess that will have to do I can't find a suspension lift anywhere. Thanks John

Old 04-18-2006, 12:35 PM

Never mind about the place in Midland, i live close to east of dallas and that is to far away. Thanks anyway John

Old 05-13-2006, 11:17 PM

there not much at all for these truck so if you can't find it
build it yourself or find a welding shop to do it for you
some pics of the 3 inch lift block for rear springs from trailmaster
and front bush gaurd built by me cost approx 50 buck canadian and stong too pulled my 99 caravan in park(oops don't tell my wife)
so far my truck has 3inch body lift 3inch suspension lift
the front end has upper ball joint spacers and homemade shock extensions on lower control arms to assist with upper ball joint angle and suspension travel

note if you attempt to tighten the torsion bar bolts they will likely snap so save some time and order/get a spare set had to get mine from the dealer at 8 bucks each and 3 days sitting on stands
also a few problems with body lift shifter's(manual tranny) need to be extended the clutch flex line on drivers fender need to be lowered front brake line need to be extened and holding brackets lowered rad fan shroud cut out bottom

Old 05-16-2006, 09:19 PM

I have a 91 2600i, and i cant find a suspension lift anywhere in the freakin world.........the best bet is going with a body lift, like a 3 or 4.....it looks realy realy good! oh ya, and by the way, the 2600i 4x4's are nutoreous for their TS slipping, or even going out! i have to replace my whooole tranny cause of it! Good luck!!

afleopold

[IMG]local://upfiles/4166/B0B5717500284FCEB46F8F76459DF830.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-18-2006, 12:04 AM

You mean something like whats on the front of my 1987 B2000?

full Right side view

A little closer view of brush guard

Full front view (crappy pic, sorry)

I think it was made by Warn or some similar company in the '80's when the truck was originally purchased. It does not appear to be home-made as the brackets and bar fit perfectly with the bumper. there are even pads to mount lights. Also pads the bolt it to the bumper if you wished for an even more secure mounting. (right now is only secured to frame rails under truck, but still rock solid)

The truck was orignally owned by the U.S. Forest service and has had two other owners besides me since then.

Yes, truck is two wheel drive, but its still looks cool

As for a suspension lift kit, try a company called calmini , they produce lift kits for suzuki's, Nissan's and Isuzu's, but may also have something or know of someone who produces lifts for Mazda's.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:13 AM

You can't find suspension lifts because they don't exist. I looked everywhere and made two dozen phone calls to various vendors and dealers. Noone even HEARD of a lift for the Mazda.
I'll tell you why, I tried to design my own lift very briefly and here's the troubles I ran into...
I made a 3" front diff drop, the twisted the torsion bars up about 4-5". At that point, my first problem was the half-shafts became about an inch or so too long due to the control arms pulling the spindles towards the frame from the lift. So, I figured I'd pull the shafts, run the truck with the lift until I could shorten those or lengthen an extra set of control arms. Problem number two was that is started busting upper control bolts, where it bolts to the frame. The control arms were at such an angle that when you hit a bump, they didn't want to sweep up like a stock arm. The suspension was smashing the STRAIGHT up, shearing off bolts. I drilled out the weak stock 12x1.75 stock bolt holes (at $12 ea I was tired of replacing them) and put in 14x2.00 12.5 SS bolts and nuts (at ~$5 a bolt/nut) with lock washers.
At first, that was a bandaid to the real problem. I was then worried about damaging something important, not to mention the lack of 4x4 and winter was coming.

I'm again in the process of looking to make a custom lift that will bolt directly under the frame and lower the diff and both CA's on a whole new bracket. The only bad part about this is that the smallest lift I'll be able to make is about 6"-7". With my body lift, that'll put my truck up about 10", but I run 35's so it won't look THAT bad. If anyone's seriously interested in this lift, I could move up production for it. As of right now, I'm looking to do a SAS for simplicity.

Old 07-29-2006, 03:53 PM

im very interested in that lift kit and that would be plenty of lift for me too. what kind of price are you looking to get out of that kit and what all will it contain?

Old 07-29-2006, 11:02 PM

i heard a yota lift worked/ or would work...

Quick Reply: Lift Kit