Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Fuel injection trouble

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Default Fuel injection trouble

Greetings fellow Mazda lovers. Forgive me,I'm new here.To get right to the point,my 93' B2600 has no pulse to two injecters. #2cyl.,#4cyl. Thank's in advance for any help,Bill.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Default RE: Fuel injection trouble

I also have a '93 B2600i. I'd say the most likely candidate for your problem is the ECU/ECM. I'm new to this forum, so don't know how well this is documented in archives, but these trucks (along with several Mitsubishi models) are all vulnerable to failing ECUs because of a faulty component (not the design, a component used in building the units) that, with time and heat, melts and shorts out the board. This happened to my truck.
In researching the prob, I found that the worst thing you can do is try to keep starting and driving the truck. This just fries the ECU worse. I also found out that you should NOT try to buy a new ECU from Mazda, because 1) If it's a stock unit, it will also eventually fail and 2) they want three weeks and $1,770. What you need to do is get the one you have rebuilt by a reputable rebuilder. I also found out — the hard way yet again — that you should NOT go with one of the cheapo rebuilders you find on, say, ebay. Instead, send the unit to Avepro in Florida with a money order for $160. They will rebuild the same day and get it back to you done right.

Of course, your problem may lie elsewhere, but two failing injectors is a common symptom of a failing ECU. Also check out your coil and ignitor. For more on the ECM, go to Avepro's page (www.aveprocm.com) for a bunch of good information.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:23 PM

Oddball,thank's a million,at least now i know where to go.Ive had no other problems with my truck other than usual stuff.Again,thank's for the info,Bill.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:46 PM

Another sign of a failing ECM is multiple codes stored. Have seen truck come in with as many as 10 codes stored. Code 14 is clencher as it is an internal ECM fault. Check that out as well. Oddball is very right in ECU problems. By the way, thanks for the good rebuilder that you mention. We also have tried a number and they come back with more problems than the original. Never had any problems with OE but they are pricey. If you do want to give a quick check to make sure it is maybe not a fault in the wiring you can. All four injectors are powered by the main relay. #1 & $3 are grounded together in the ECM as well as #2 & #4. There are only two injector drivers for 4 injectors. Look at the ECM connectors and almost at the edge of one of the two connectors you will see two Light Green wires in separate holes. One has a Red stripe, the other a Black stripe. Black stripe is ground for the #2 and #4 injectors. Red is ground path for #1 and #3. Check to make sure both wires have 12V with key on and wire connectors not loose.