Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Fog lamps won't turn on or the signal on the dashboard.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Default Fog lamps won't turn on or the signal on the dashboard.

Mazda B3000 V6 pickup.

She went to the shop, came back, and the fog lights are missing. They don't shine when I flash them (pull the lever), turn them on (push the lever), and neither does the fog lamp signal on the dashboard.

Don't have a fuse box diagram so don't know what to do.

Thanks.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:38 PM

Take it back to the shop - it wasn't malfunctioning when you take it in, likely related to what they did. Remember your truck is essentially a Ford Ranger.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cusser
Take it back to the shop - it wasn't malfunctioning when you take it in, likely related to what they did. Remember your truck is essentially a Ford Ranger.
The shop wants it back but I want to try on my own. So then whatever applies to a Ford Ranger 2002 will probably apply to my Mazda? For example the fuse box configuration?

Old 08-28-2015, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Most fuse boxes have the fuses listed either on the outside or inside of the lid. Also alot of vehicles have more than 1 fuse-box.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Most fuse boxes have the fuses listed either on the outside or inside of the lid. Also alot of vehicles have more than 1 fuse-box.
I had previously searched for te information but it is not there...

Old 08-29-2015, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Owners Manual?

Old 08-29-2015, 12:52 PM

A fuse was missing from the fuse box.

I got a diagram for a 2001 Mazda B3000 SE and the fuse for "headlamps, daytime running lamps module, instrument cluster, fog lamp relay" was missing. I don't understand why only the fog lamps (the high beam lights I mean, don't know if they are synonymous) stopped working and not the "headlamps"... This shall remain a mystery to me.

Old 08-29-2015, 02:02 PM
Banned
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Cool_Ichi
Mazda B3000 V6 pickup.

She went to the shop, came back, and the fog lights are missing. They don't shine when I flash them (pull the lever), turn them on (push the lever), and neither does the fog lamp signal on the dashboard.

Don't have a fuse box diagram so don't know what to do.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by Cool_Ichi
A fuse was missing from the fuse box.

I got a diagram for a 2001 Mazda B3000 SE and the fuse for "headlamps, daytime running lamps module, instrument cluster, fog lamp relay" was missing. I don't understand why only the fog lamps (the high beam lights I mean, don't know if they are synonymous) stopped working and not the "headlamps"... This shall remain a mystery to me.
I knew this thread was confusing. Fog Lights ARE NOT hi beams! You were describing hi beams!
But if you did have fog lights, these normally go out when hi beams are on.
Pics below are from my 2006 Mazda 6.

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 08-29-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
I knew this thread was confusing. Fog Lights ARE NOT hi beams! You were describing hi beams!
But if you did have fog lights, these normally go out when hi beams are on.
Pics below are from my 2006 Mazda 6.

Thanks for clarifying, thing is I didn't find any "high beam" specified in the fuse list. Or "low beam", in fact headlamps would be the one and the fuse that was missing includes headlamps, yet I did have low beam. Just didn't have high beam or the indicator on the dashboard. Still something missing in this puzzle...

Old 08-30-2015, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

On most cars there will be different fuses for low beam & high beam, also some cars will have separate fuses for LHS & RHS.

Quick Reply: Fog lamps won't turn on or the signal on the dashboard.