Go Back   Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums > Mazda Vehicles > Mazda Pickup Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2009, 06:21 PM

Default B2200 88 how to test resistance in EGR Position Sensor and wheres the C terminal

I got diagnostic tree diagram for a EGR trouble code. One of the steps is to check for resistance in EGR position sensor. does anyone know how to test this?

Another step is that I need to check if there is 4.5-5.5V at C terminal of the EGR Position sensor connector? where is this located at?

I also need to measure a 1F terminal voltage of the emission control unit. Where would this be?

Appreciate any comments.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:03 AM

The EGR position sensor is the black plastic piece on top of the EGR valve. You can use an ohm meter to check the resistance between 2 of the terminals with it disconnected and opening and closing the EGR valve. Use a volt meter to check for voltage on one of the terminals, but bad EGR position sensors on those are common as dirt so i would just make sure the EGR valve is not getting vacuum at idle then replace it as it's a safe bet the position sensor is bad.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:03 AM

Tags
b2200, check, egr, mazda, miata, position, resestivity, resistance, resistive, sensor, test, testing, transducer, valve, voltage