Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

92 2600i motort swap starting this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Default 92 2600i motort swap starting this weekend

Hey
My JDM motor is finally hereand I have all the parts that I can think of to replace. I aquired the motor from Engineland inc. in Montreal. Shipping was a bitch out to the west coast but they dropped the motor price a bit to keep it inline with the motor I found in Toronto. After inspecting it on arrival I found it came with a starter that wasnt supposed to be there and a air conditioner compressor that I have no use for. The starter is a bonus but it was offset by the fact that the motor had the exhaust pipe cut off just after the O2 sensor. I hope this is not a pain in the **** to get off from the exhaust manifold. I will keep you guys in on the swaps events over the next few days.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Default RE: 92 2600i motort swap starting this weekend

is the JDM motor exactly the same as the US motor? the reason i ask is because i have to pass smog here in Cali.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:24 PM

Hey Supra
The motor in my truck is a G6 with 5 speed and the motor received is a G6 that had a auto tranny on it. As far as smog legal, I have no idea if it would pass or not. I dont have to worry about that where I live.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:42 AM

Hey
It took 6 hours but its out. Problems along the way............
1. Power steering pump pulley refused to cooperate. Couldnt find a puller, bracket bolts inaccessable so we cut the pressure line and diconnected the return.
2. I didnt have a sawz-all to cut the exhaust bolts off on the straight pipe, used a minigrinder and a hacksaw to finish it.
3. had to take off the exhaust manifold with the header pipe attached as I need this for the new motor. Motor wouldnt move with it on.
4. the top 4 tranny bolts required multiple extentions and a wobble. Also took some skin with them, no blood though.

More news later. HD

Old 12-17-2007, 11:18 PM

Hey
I swapped the header, alt and a mess of vacuum lines. I added a new thermostat, pilot bearing,mounting plate ,spark plugs, cap and rotor,wiresand the wing things from the bottom back of my old engine to the new one. The tranny mounts to the wing things. I left the JDM wiring harness on the engine until it was in. This was done to make it easy to match up the plugs. The O2 sensor was switched early on but would not plug in so it was switched out. I drained the oil and was suprised to find it had a new oil filter on it that had never seen oil??? I went over each system on the truck a couple times to check for missed stuff but couldnt find any so I filled it with H2o. I pulled the coil wire and cranked it twice for 5 secs to get some oil moving in the engine.I reinstalled the coil wireand two cranks later it was running! I will be doing some small road tests in the coming days. Later,HD

Old 12-23-2007, 10:27 AM

hey
road tests done and running fine. I still dont know if the vacuum lines are right but they seem to be working. The lines were colour coded so I matched the red to red and blue to blue and so forth. I ended up with two lines that seemed to have no match, I joined them andit worked. The coolant has replaced the h2o and still no leaks. Anyone got a pressure hose for a 2600i forsale? Mazda Canada wants $104 CDN plus Tax