Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

1990 B2200 won't start PLZ HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Default 1990 B2200 won't start PLZ HELP!!

Ok im not great when it comes to cars/truck, this b2200 is my first vehicle and it has been great up until this last month or so. Recently i would go to turn on the truck it would start but as soon as it started it would die right after unless i gave it gas then it would continue to run (this would happen in any weather). It gets worse, when i would try to turn it on, it wouldn't after several tries i would continously hear a clicking thinking it was my battery i would get a jump start, then i finally started to work, but a few weeks later i would try to start it and it wouldn't work, i tried to jump start it, that didn't work, i tried to push/pop the clutch to start it, then finally that worked. For a few weeks i had to rely on push/pop starting the truck only if i drove it for a minimum of 5 mins turned it off then tried to start it again. But if it sat for 20+ mins it started fine, until one day i tried to turn on the truck to warm it up and i had a little trouble starting it, it started to sputter so i tried to give it some gas but i was too late and the truck died. Now it won't start at all, nothing happens at all no noises comming from under the hood nothing, now my stereo turns on and everything. Please help me i have no way of gettingthe truck to the mazda dealership unless towed but to begin with i am very low on cash, icalled mazda and they said it could be either my starter or my alternator. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Default RE: 1990 B2200 won't start PLZ HELP!!

They're probably right. Both of those can be tested at just about any auto parts store. Both are fairly accessible. I'd get a basic repair manual and a few tools for the job (doesn't require many) and pull the alternator & battery first and have them tested. If both of those test fine, then pull and have the starter checked. (Alternator and battery are easier, so if you find the problem there, you've saved yourself some time.)