Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

07 mazda B3000 secuirity light flashing. lockout ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 11:28 PM
Default 07 mazda B3000 secuirity light flashing. lockout ?

My 07 Mazda B3000 seems to be in a security lock-out mode. I left my truck sit for a week and when I came back it would not start. When I turn the key to the on position my normal accessories like electric windows and door locks work but the dash does not come on or the chime as usual. The fuel pump doesnt come on and the starter will not crank.

I charged the battery to completely full and it did not help. I was able to momentarily bypass the starter relay and confirmed the starter would spin.

I have owned this truck for four years and I have never observed the security light flashing on the dash. Now the secuirty light flashes all the time whether I have the key in the ignition out irregardless of key position.

I have only one key and it is the factory key that came with the truck. It worked when I parked the truck and now it does not.

What next. Can I bypass the secuirty system. Could it be something else ?

Old 06-20-2016, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Time to visit Mazda, get a code check and possibly another key cut & programed.