Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

MX3 Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Default MX3 Questions.

Hi,

I've got a few questions I was hoping you folks might be able to help me with;

1. Where is the oil drain plug on the 94 Mx3?

2. My Mx3 has broken the serpentine belt that powers the alternator and water pump three times in the last month and a half. I've visually inspected it and there isn't anything rubbing on the belt that I can see, however I do hear a slight rubbing noise when I put my head very close to the belt. Also my most recent belt now squeals when the vehicle starts. Each belt was put on by a different mechanic and I suspect that at least one of them got the tension setting right. Has anyone had this problem before?

3. I'm rebuilding a 95 1.8 liter manual tranny and I was wondering if I need a special tool to remove the large bolts on the end of both shafts, the ones under the thin metal covering that you pull before you can pull anything else. I notice that they're keyed, will a normal socket work for them? Also, how difficult is it to get bearings into this transmission?

4. I'm missing the driver's side window controls, is there a combination of wires on the adapter that plugs into that power window assembly that I can jumper to make sure everything else works? I just bought this MX3 and if I need more parts I'd prefer to only brave the scrapyards in SD (more like the drive to SD ) once.

Any help you'd care to give would be much appreachiated.

Thanks,

M. Jordan