Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

moving car

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Default moving car

My girlfriend's son has a mazda mx6, I believe it is. Anyway, she lives in a rented house and her landlord wants it moved. I won't pay a wrecker to bring it to my place. I have a small trailer. Only trouble, is the kids lost the keys so I can't get it out of gear to move it, I already opened the door. I need to get it on the trailer so I can take it to my place. Can I crawl under it and disconnect the shifter linkage, and move the arm manually? Any suggestions?

Old 04-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Default RE: moving car

hi, ive seen your question but dont understand why you cant get the car out of gear,if its auto and cant get it out of park just roll the car back and forth whilst selecting a gear as this will release the weight from the park gear.but if its a manual the chances are its been standing a while and the clutch has seized , this may be released by selecting a gear and try pushing the car back and forth maybe using a tow rope to another car <but make sure someone is in the mx6 to hit the brake as the clutch will unsieze and possibly roll into the tow car>.your next problem will be the steering lock,try using a trolley jack to steer the car inline with your trailer but be very careful it dosnt slip and damage the underside of the car.failing all that take ownership papers with i.d to the nearest mazda dealer and they can get you new keys by using the v.i.n numbers and chasis numbers.good luck with the move