Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

mazda mx3 error code

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 AM

28 and 69.

Clean out the EGR system and make sure the valve operates to address 28

Volkswagen used thermistors to switch the radiator fan. I think your car may have one too. (69)

Old 08-23-2013, 11:10 AM

okay ill clean the egr valve and also i found what looks to be like a missing vaccum line coming off the intake manifold i found a diagram ill post to show you witch one

What exactly is a thermistor? is this maybe the code 69? :Where is Radiator fan relay located 1992 Mazda mx3

Old 08-23-2013, 12:26 PM

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/...f?t=1377278608

Here is The vacum Line i beleive is missing

Old 08-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Exclamation Update

okay so i took my entire intake boot and lines off to find the boot has a bad crack and i'm completely missing the EGR boost sensor solenoid valve from the diagram above , so i got some good silicone stuff to seal the crack till i buy an aftermarket intake so does anybody have a spare EGR boost sensor valve? its located on the air cleaner box if you have stock and can somebody tell me where it wires to???

Old 08-23-2013, 06:22 PM

or what will happen if i just T those Two lines in with the one running from the PRC solenoid valve?

Old 08-23-2013, 10:55 PM

You were busy!

Me too, by the way. It's getting hectic at work. Also i worked on wifie's car.

Thermistor is acontraction of the words Thermal and Resistor. it uses a material that changes the electrical resistance with temperature. It will look like a sensor or switch.
So it ewould be directly attached to the radiator so it willreact to the radiator's temperature.

Unfortunatly, I don't have an MX 3 to know the exact location fo these items.

I do not know what woill happen if you connect vacuum lines that should not be connected. i would rather plug a vavcuum line than connect it knowingly wrong.

The vacuum leak is a big deal. It caused a lean condition.

I think you are on the right track looking to restore the factory set up. Search e-bay and Rock Auto. I wish you good luck!

Old 08-24-2013, 02:22 PM

i'm going on my lunch break to a salvage yard near my work to look at a bunch of mazdas to find the part or ford probe gt too i think ill let you know how that goes then on to the 69 code

what all did you do to wifeys car? , i also late last night decided to do a tranny fluid change
called auto zone and they had the filter and gasket for 20 bucks so i went down there bought it 4qts of tranny fluid dex3 and a thing of lucas it seems to have helped but still not right

Old 08-24-2013, 09:09 PM

I had the tires taken off the alloy rims. There was a bunch of corrosion on them. I used sandpaper to get the powdery stuff off, then I sprayed it with clear acrylic. That's all on the area that is covered by the tire. I hope this makes the wheels hold the air pressure longer. They always lost air faster than any other vehicle in our family fleet.
This morning I had a set of used tires put on. BF Goodrich Traction T/A. I got them used on Nissan rims, now I will sell the rims. The tires have only a few K miles on it. The car they cam from was totaled in an encounter with a deer. It seems at leeast 1 tire sustained a bit of damage as well. The car pulls to the left now. That is the risk of buying used tires.

Hey, I just noticed you used silicone on the vacuum leak. That is not a good idea because silicone can foul the O2 sensors. I used duct tape on my protege.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:06 PM

oh ****! i also realized i was looking at the wrong diagram! i foun out the problem is the egr vslve solenoid used one on the way! and for the ectf sensor thing there are two sensors by the thermostat housing its one of those

Old 08-29-2013, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by tomeegun222
oh ****! i also realized i was looking at the wrong diagram! i foun out the problem is the egr vslve solenoid used one on the way! and for the ectf sensor thing there are two sensors by the thermostat housing its one of those

Most likely one of them is for the temperature gauge in the instrument panel, the other for the computer.
Make sure to fix the one for the computer.

Quick Reply: mazda mx3 error code