Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

how good are MX3's

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 08:02 PM
Default how good are MX3's

hey guys im new here and im in the market for an MX3 and i had a couple of ?s about them.
1. Do they accerlate fast?
2. Can they beat an integra straight up?
3. Is there alot of parts out there that you can buy for them?
well if u can answer some of these ?s or want to tell me more about them it would be great.
thanks

Old 08-30-2005, 04:21 AM
Default RE: how good are MX3's

If you can get your hands on a v6 with manual trans you bet they are fast. Great acceleration. As to beating an integra not sure as have never seen race. Stay away from 4 cyl or you will definitely be seeing tail lights of integra in the distance. The MX3 was a great car and was a pity to see Mazda discontinue after such a short time,

Old 10-19-2005, 04:57 AM

You'd need a 5 speed. They handle quite well with proper wheels/tires. It has decent aftermarket support. what year Integra are you wanting to race? Engine upgrades are possible. 91-93 RS - 88 hp, 94+ RS - 105, the v6, GS of all years - 130 hp
I've had a 94 RS since 98, love it, though it's showing it's age, and it's 235,000 miles. Just got a 93 GS, swapping in a manual tranny, I can post results.
These are fun cars!

Old 10-19-2005, 09:01 AM

i think the integra might be out of the mx3's reach depending on the mods and all

Old 10-21-2005, 04:53 PM

I really want to find out what the MX3 really is capable of. The KLZE pushes 205 bhp without mods, a BP-T can hit over 200. But these are both modifications to the car. In stock form, it wouldn't touch the new Integras, old ones likely. But I'd bet they handle as well as any.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:01 PM

i've seen a mx3 with juss an exhaust and intake and it pulled a gst....on long run too....im like..****....that lil 1.8 v6 aint bad....beating a integra should b no problem....unless the drive of the mx3 sux...

Old 12-08-2005, 06:43 PM

Just bought one myself for Hornet class racing on a banked oval. Any help with some speed would be great. Any idea how much these weigh? It is a 92.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:31 PM

MX3's are awsome if you know how to make them fast. I've had one ever since high school and been through every motor that the V6 model could drop in. K8 alright but not the fastest. Depending on intergras and what year. GS, LS are the base models of the integras and with a good driver you should be able to hang with it or beat it. I've beaten some my self with just the stock K8 1.8L with cheap exhaust and just a filter. GSR's are a different story. They're pretty quick just basic bolt ons. KF-ZE JDM 2.0L very cool motor and alot of torque, low end power is awsome and top end is okay. KL-DE US 2.5L about the same as the KF-ZE. KL-ZE JDM 2.5L very very cool motor and you will woop the **** out of allot of cars. RSX's type S should have a hard time beating you. Easily running into the high to mid 14's. I've hit 14.6 with just cheap exhaust, plain filter, stock 1.8 exhaust manifolds and exhaust piping, KL-03 and VAF. I've also done turbo kits on the KF, KL-DE, and KL-ZE. Never got to dyno'd the KF but it ran pretty strong, KL-DE max out injectors at 5K rpm at only 5psi and got 234whp and 213wtq, KL-ZE ran really lean and blew up at only 2psi, 188whp and 190wtq. So if you are asking to see if the mx3's are good. Hell yeah!!!!! I burn alot of cars even the turbocharged cars with my little 3. If you know how to make them fast they'll be fast. I'm just waiting on millenia S injectors.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:46 PM

I live in chicago land i own a 4 banger mx-3 my bro owns a honda and has raced imports his whole life and he says a 4 banger can out run a v6 any time as long as u do the right things personally i would say stick with the 4 banger its a much better car, 4 banger mazdas can do engines swaps with some integra motors with minimal modifications to motor mounts on the mazda im talked to a bunch of people who did awd drive conversions on the 4cyl mx-3 and it turned out to be a good choice if u have any questions on the 4cyl model go ahead and ask thanxs

KEV

Old 03-18-2006, 09:50 PM

I have a MX-3 4cyl 1994 5 speed and its pretty good on exc. and I have beat 2 integras but the wierd thing is that the V6 only has 30 more horse power than the 4 cyl and as soon as I add a turbo to it well you know what will happen.. I have also beat a 2.3 mustang 5 speed(I felt good about that considering that mine is only a 1.6) But other thean that I have not had one problem with it..All the stuff im replacing on it now is just to make it better or look cooler. I also run a car club so that helps on the cost of things cuz I get alot of discounts..well hope you buy it..good luck

Quick Reply: how good are MX3's