Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

car doors leak when it rains!! HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Default car doors leak when it rains!! HELP!!!!

So i'd really like to put new door speakers in my car so i can have a reason to hook up my subs...any recommendations???????? It seems like the seal between the window and door is puss and it does nothing...my wire kits i had hooked up were ruined after one nights rain...so any helpful tips would be very appreciated...oh and does anyone know how to make your idle more consistant??? my stays low around 5000rpm...

Old 04-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: car doors leak when it rains!! HELP!!!!

In spite of what mostpeople think, the weather strip on the outer door to window seal is not supposed to be water proof. Water is allowed to enter the door there and be expelled through the drain holes underneath. That's why the drainsmust be kept clear or rust will quickly appear.

For speakers, there is usually a weather/water deflector or shield, either built into the door from the factory or the plastic ones that usually come w/AM speakers can also be used. Some Dyno-Mat can also be installed above/around the speaker and used as a water shield.

On a budget, I'd go for the Pioneers. I've had good luck w/them in the past, they usually have a good spl rating and offer a clean but punchy bass.

Yeah, I hate a low idle too, but w/emissions everywhere these days, as well as fuel economy considerations, the factorys have little choice.
If nothing else works or no one else has any suggestions for this, what I would do is simply tighten up the throttle cable a bit. Taking the slack outwill help to increase your idle. At least you can still do that on yours. The new ones are drive-by-wire (ETB) and it's much, much harder to modified the idle.