Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

engine light came on ,diagnostic done code p103??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 04:43 AM
Default engine light came on ,diagnostic done code p103??

had a diagnostic at local autozone,,,results came back code p103,,,, vac hose,,,tbi,,,map sensor,,,vaf sensor,,,anybody ever had this before? said maf or vaf circuit high input,,,whats this mean??,,,let me know if its minor or major???

Old 04-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Default RE: engine light came on ,diagnostic done code p103??

Hi maestro

P0103 is an indication that the signal voltage from the Mass Air Flow sensor to the PCM was above 4.8 volts. This voltage amount is how the MAF tells the PCM how much air is coming into the engine. Low voltage of I think around 1.0 volts is an intake air amount at idle when not much air is being drawn into the engine. The higher the engine rpm and load ( such as climbing a hill ) the higher the voltage. In order to have a voltage amount above 4.8 volts you would need to be pulling a hill such as Mount Everest at around 12,000 rpm. Not very likely[8D]. Think I would be checking the wires that go into the MAF sensor and make sure you do not have the 5.0 volt referencevolt wire shorting onto the signal wire to the PCM first off. If the wires all look ok with no copper showing thru the insulation then disconnect the sensor connector, check for pins being bent inside the sensor and also make sure not water is present that could be allowing voltage to leak between wires. You do not happen to have a digital volt meter do you?
I would really not be suspecting any of the things such as vac hose,,,tbi,,,map sensor etc as they are separate system. Some checks can determine this without too much trouble but a volt meter would be especially helpful.
Minor or Major....somewhere in between. Your engine is not going to blow up but when an incorrect signal is being sent from the sensor the PCM does not know how much air is coming in so is having to "guess" based on throttle position, rpm, and baro pressure. Definitely want to get to the bottom of it and would not just ignore. I will look more into it on Monday but do not recall any TSB's that might give us an easy check and fix.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Default mazda 6 sport

hi
i too have p103 and p201 also c102 codes , swapped maf and fuel injectors but same codes come on after about 3 miles, any ideas driving me mad .

Old 07-27-2013, 10:09 PM

Go here:
OBD-II Trouble Code: P0103 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit High Input

Check the wiring and connectors first. There could be some corrosion causing a bad contact. Or the PCM/ECM may be bad.

P0201 does not mean you have a bad injector on cylinder 1. It means you have a bad circuit for the injector on cylinder 1. The circuit goes from the computer to the injector, then inside the injector and back to ground. Since you have new injecg\tors you likely have an issue in the external parts of the circuit.