Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

Aftermarket Car Stereo Installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Default Aftermarket Car Stereo Installation

Hi everyone!

I just bought a 2005 MPV and I just replaced the original headunit(DVD/CD/GPS) with a local unit (without GPS) because it is defective. The previous owner also installed additional speakers in the front and back. I want to install this unit myself but I am afraid that the steering wheel audio controls and the rear-view camera will be damaged during the installation. Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram of the MPV or better yet, are there tutorials for these installations?

Has anyone suceeded in installing their own unit while preserving the steering-wheel controls and rear view cam?

Thanks.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by geode
Hi everyone!

I just bought a 2005 MPV and I just replaced the original headunit(DVD/CD/GPS) with a local unit (without GPS) because it is defective. The previous owner also installed additional speakers in the front and back. I want to install this unit myself but I am afraid that the steering wheel audio controls and the rear-view camera will be damaged during the installation. Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram of the MPV or better yet, are there tutorials for these installations?

Has anyone suceeded in installing their own unit while preserving the steering-wheel controls and rear view cam?

Thanks.

I would go to http://www.crutchfield.com they have some of the best information around for either do it yourselfers, or buy what you really need.