Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

2003 MPV - Inconsistent Problematic Lights - Running, Hi Beam, Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Default 2003 MPV - Inconsistent Problematic Lights - Running, Hi Beam, Brakes

Firstly, this is the best vehicle I have owned!! I purchased van about 2 years ago with low mileage and has been outstanding & problem free until about 3 months ago.

We purchased van with after market changes made by previous owner:
1. he replaced audio system
2. he replaced front headlights to blue LED headlights.

Couple of months after purchase, we had to replace driver side Led headlight.

About 3 months ago this driver side LED headlight stopped working. With some wiggling of the bulb, the light would work. We also started to notice that all lights have become problematic - day running lights, high beams, brake lights. They sometimes work, sometimes they don't. Sometimes driver side running light and brake lights, sometimes, no running lights, hi beams or one of high beams will work. Sometimes one running light works, sometimes only the opposite side hi beam works. Sometimes no lights work. Restarting van sometimes will get a few lights to work.

By entering search at both google & this forum -- for MPV intermittent light problems search results make reference to -----> SEVARGMT on 9-29-2010. However, I am not able to locate this post.

A few months ago we had van detailed thoroughly including the motor engine. But the hood was open for few hours to air dry motor area...couple months later we started to notice this problem with lights.

ANy input is welcomed. Thank you for reading this.

~ gem ~

Last edited by gem57; 09-16-2012 at 11:10 PM.