Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

2000 MPV Power window stuck down

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 AM
djn
Default 2000 MPV Power window stuck down

Can anyone tell me how to manually get a power window back up? Driver's side power window motor when dead and now the window is stuck down about 6". I took the door apart last night and couldn't figure out how to push the window back up. I need to get it closed until I can get a new motor.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:08 AM

I have the same problem, did you ever get yours resolve

Old 10-16-2010, 04:27 AM
Default Check out the master window switch

I solved this problem on 1992 MPV. If you can, pop the switch out of the door handle with a butter knife… its held in with spring clips. Otherwise, remove the driver door panel (4 screws and a bunch of snaps.) snap off the triangle cover on the back side of the mirror, and the panel comes off easily. Don't forget to rotate the clip on the door-open lever.
On the master window switch, you'll find a thin steel strap that holds parts of the wiring harness. Mine was broken. Restore the ground with an alligator clip, and see if the window works.
IF you have no wiring diagram (like from the Motors Manual) turn the ign. switch ON and with a voltmeter identify the 12V hot lead in the wire connector. If no power, inspect the wire loom by the door hinge for a broken wire. With an ohmeter, check the switch to make sure current flows from the hot to other terminals when you move the switch up and down. If not, soak the switch in spray contact cleaner and blast with air. Re-connect the switch and see if the window works.
If no go, then pop the harness connector off the switch. With a voltmeter search for the hot connector. With an ohmeter, look for a ground lead in the connector... it may or may not have one depending on year and model. Just don't short the hot to the ground or you'll blow a fuse or two.
Anyway, use a jumper wire to jump from the hot lead to one of the remaining leads and listen if the motor responds. You have to hunt and peck to find the leads for up and down. Your jumper is simply doing what the switch is supposed to do. If you have 12V power to the harness but can’t get a response, then find a motor and regulator assembly. This system solved the driver window problem, and affirmed that the passenger window motor was weak. It would lower the passenger window, but needed help to raise that window.