Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

01 mpv random misfires/low idle

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Default 01 mpv random misfires/low idle

I have a 01 Mazda Mpv (manufacturing date 12/2000). It has a lil over 186k miles on original engine and it has had 2 owners including myself. Vehicle has rough idling in park and even worse upon putting into gear, it has cut off many times while in gear at traffic signals etc. and after not accelerating for a while, I can see a dimming of the instruments/headlights. Current symptoms are a chugging sound from the air intake box after accelerating ( I have cleaned IAC and replaced gasket), It has a puttering (which can be felt through the gas pedal) when trying to accelerate. I have recently replaced: air filter, spark plugs, ignition coil (coil pack), short section of the MAF that connects the intake up to the Maf censor and box (it had splits all around), as well as cleaned the the whole MAF system with no change in performance. While looking for PCV valve, I found the hose where it should of been as well as the hose that I'm certain (have dealer diagrams) the pcv goes to. This hose was melted somehow right after the elbow coming out of the manifold and no valve in sight. The codes i got were the air intake temp sensor (boost censor) P0113 and random misfire- P0300. People (mechanics and dealership) have given me a wide variety of opinions that are more confusing than helpful, so I thought I'd try the forum pros for solutions. I think the vacuum leak from the melted hose might be the problem but I not able to get the hose for another week (money), which might not even fix the problems, but any insight on other possible solutions would be appreciated while I wait for hose replacement. P.S. I haven't had the CEL come on but think bulb might be out cause it doesn't come on with other idiot lights upon start-up.

Last edited by Eddy85; 01-09-2013 at 05:09 PM.