Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Trans sounds like its slippin

Old 06-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Default Trans sounds like its slippin

I have a 2001 and it sounds like the trans is slippin. When you slow down to like 2nd gear and start to accelerate again, its the car jumpsall the way down to 1st and then takes off suddenly, don't know exactly how to explain it, other than it sounds like it is slippin. I have read the other post previous to this one about the shift selinod and it sounds similar. I don't know if this is related or not, but my airlight blinks every now and again, code 37 and then when that goes off the check engine light comes on for a while and then goes off, and don't have any lights on for a while. I went to Auto Zone and had then pull the codes and they told me it was Bank 2 and the warm up on the catylic converter. Does anyone have any ideas what this might be? I love my car, but don't have alot of money to invest in it, but this problem is very enoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Default RE: Trans sounds like its slippin

i think that's normal for this transmission. when the speed gets low enough for the first gear range, if you give full throttle, it will kick down to first. i have had both our cars do that several times. there is no bank 1 or 2. there IS a left and right bank. go back and ask them either what the code was, or if the bank was left or right. most likely, you can still go for quite a bit before anything needs to be done. however, if your car has less than 80k, when the ce lite comes back on, if you can verify it is a p0421/31, take it to the dealer and have them fix it since it is still covered under emissions warranty. dont get the code erased, or the dealer wont know.