Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Today Mazda MilleniaS 95 vs Mazda 3

Old 03-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Default Today Mazda MilleniaS 95 vs Mazda 3

Ohh yeah today I finally experienced what a real Millenia feels like!

I own a 95 Mazda Millenia S and I allways thaught that car was weak and it never could beat anything but today.....

I was at a light and this Mazda 3 Hatch comes right next to me, starts burning out at the light with his handbrake on.

I was like, yeah what can a little Mazda 3 do.

Well the green light goes on, we both floor it and he takes off, I downshift and start to catch up to him *This was all on a 35mph zone* and I finally catch up to him goin 80 and we slow down.

Next light we end up again, So I decided to floor it all the way even on the downshift.

Green goes on, I take off leaving him about 30 feet behind and Im goin 70 and I let off my peddle a bit. He catches up and I downshift so my millenia takes off from 80-110 in about 6 seconds and so I knew it was not worh losing my licence over some race on a 35mph zone so I brake and he was still goin. Next thing you know a police turns on his lights and goes after the Mazda 3. =)

I finally know how OWNAGE Millenia S are... At least a 95 =)

Now I am thinking of updating some parts on my millenia instead of buying a 2004 Subaru WRX Sti

What do you think =)

Old 03-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Default RE: Today Mazda MilleniaS 95 vs Mazda 3

I think you should not be doing 80 in a 35 zone. Glad my children were not out throwing a football on the street when you were in the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2006, 10:39 AM

its a main street lol with 5 lanes in total including the yellow turning lane.

I was so happy to see that a millenia can OWN a mazda 3!!!

Old 03-23-2006, 03:50 AM

Sorry if was being an *** when responding to last post elitescouter but a close buddy almost had a 6 year old run over in the street last week from a group racing down the road they live on. Just had a really bad moment going thru what they must have felt when it hapened to them.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:30 AM

hey elites: im just curious to know, what kind of horsepower / torque does a stock MilleniaS put out? and also, what year is your car? i've always admired the MilleniaS. cool car. i drive an '04 3s by the way. and, yeah, mazda 3's werent made to drag race. "Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers."

Old 03-24-2006, 11:07 PM

I have not taken the car to dyno yet but it is a 210hp

I have a cardomain page for my car that has pictures for it and soon to go get it dyno'd.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2301866

Old 03-25-2006, 02:41 AM

awesome car elites! very sleek.
yep, 210hp is a bit more than what pumping out of the 3.

check out my CarDomain dot com website, also, and add me to your friends list.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2303055

Old 03-29-2006, 04:43 AM

ORIGINAL: babyhuey

Sorry if was being an *** when responding to last post elitescouter but a close buddy almost had a 6 year old run over in the street last week from a group racing down the road they live on. Just had a really bad moment going thru what they must have felt when it hapened to them.
Don't apologize..........I have a 3 1/2 year old grandson that is a precious as anything to me(grandpa), and if I saw some bozo driving 80 mph in a 30 mph zone.......just to beat some car in a race...........I'd be pretty upset myself.

That's why they invented car clubs and autocrossing so you can get that crap out of your sytem and drive safely and sanely on public streets.

I used to belong to Porsche Club of North America.......Golden Gate region(S.F. California), and we had lots of club racing at race tracks, and lots of autocrosses to. All was done under the utmost safety.

When you drove home from a long day of autocrossing, you don't have anymore **** and vinegar left in you to speed on public highways.
I sure hope this Millenia driver was just a teenager and not a grow married family man/woman...........that ought to have more sense than to brag about going 2 1/2 times the posted speed limit just to make a point.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:59 PM

The millenia is by no means an off the line car, keep in mind it was designed in 1991, and had mazda not hit hard times, the power train would have been updated in 98/99 and again in 02/03 if there was an 03.

now on the highway, a S can really take on some people

Old 04-24-2006, 08:42 PM

hey elit- i have a 2001 2.5 liter v6 millenia and its slow as dogg ****, i did not by it for the speed i had a LS1 for that. But for you question on the buying a wrx, me personally i would buy the STi, Even though the millenia s comes supercharged in all reality it is still slow and there not much you can do to them and on top of that they weight to damn much.I weighed my car at the track one time in baytown Tx and i think it was like 4200 pounds without me in it i dont know if that accurate im just puting down what i think it said, u could always look on the side of the door and fined out. I put 20's at first but it the ride went to totall **** so then i downgraded to 18's and it rides better and droped it 2inch and put lemo tint all the way around and it looks really nice, my car is pearl white. I know that the millenia s is luxury performance but i dont see the performance part about that carand keep in mind that it is a FORD product lol! i think there really nices cars and i would of bought one but they were more expensive than the 2.5 liter, actually I think you should go buy an LS1 car or LS2 except the gto cause there to damn heavy. I dont know what your budget is but you can find a corvette 98-2002 for about the same price if not cheaper than sti. you can not go wrong with an Ls1 car. expecially a corvette.