Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Replaced axles and have ABS/TCS issues

Old 08-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Question Replaced axles and have ABS/TCS issues

I replaced both drive axles and before I even put it in gear, my ABS, TCS and TCS Off indicators stay on. There's no visible sign of damage to either of the wheel sensors but since they are the common denomonator between the ABS and the TCS, I suspect one or both of them is the culprit. Is there a chance that I may have them positioned wrong (I.e, not centered) or is this something that can work itself out by driving a while? I see the sensors are upwards of $350 each to replace.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by uto297
I replaced both drive axles and before I even put it in gear, my ABS, TCS and TCS Off indicators stay on. There's no visible sign of damage to either of the wheel sensors but since they are the common denomonator between the ABS and the TCS, I suspect one or both of them is the culprit. Is there a chance that I may have them positioned wrong (I.e, not centered) or is this something that can work itself out by driving a while? I see the sensors are upwards of $350 each to replace.
sounds like one is broke. the clearance is really thin. did you pull the sensor, or did you leave it attached to the knuckle? i always pull them, because if you are not careful, you can hit them when installing the outer end. also, it could be the gear wheel, but if it wasnt in gear and it threw tcs off/tcs, then i would recheck your sensors.