Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Purge Control p0443

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Default Purge Control p0443

i have the 1996 millenia s.ive had the p0443 code for awhile and havnt been able to track it down.i have 180,000 miles and it runs great.when i have 2 or 3 passengers it gets sluggish getting on the highway and has a EGR type smell.when im alone in the car it takes off like no ones buisness.ive replaced the 2 abv solenoids,a few vacum hoses when it was doing the TCS CHACHA awhile back. i found purge valve for 100$ on line.
thinking of
of digging back there to test the solenoids but taking the old ones out and putting them back in doesnt sound like a good idea,id rather put new ones in.but im having a hard time figuring out wich solenoid to buy.
ive found this setup on line.has anyone had this problem?

http://www.redlinemotive.com/store/r...rt=Purge+Valve

Old 06-15-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by rockoe
i have the 1996 millenia s.ive had the p0443 code for awhile and havnt been able to track it down.i have 180,000 miles and it runs great.when i have 2 or 3 passengers it gets sluggish getting on the highway and has a EGR type smell.when im alone in the car it takes off like no ones buisness.ive replaced the 2 abv solenoids,a few vacum hoses when it was doing the TCS CHACHA awhile back. i found purge valve for 100$ on line.
thinking of
of digging back there to test the solenoids but taking the old ones out and putting them back in doesnt sound like a good idea,id rather put new ones in.but im having a hard time figuring out wich solenoid to buy.
ive found this setup on line.has anyone had this problem?

http://www.redlinemotive.com/store/r...rt=Purge+Valve
0443 is purge control valve CIRCUIT. it could be the valve, but it also could be anything else in the whole circuit. you need a smoke machine

Old 06-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Default emission cleaning

that sounds like a good idea.would that be like a fog machine?i have a buddy that has one he uses for halloween.i did take it out saturday morning and drove the **** out of it a little.it seemed to be a little sluggish at first but after some time it smoothed right out. maybe just throttle needs cleaning but did smell the EGR type smell...i took the kids for a ride on the highway a few hours later and it has some of the power back .is there an emissions cleaner that would be good to use?sea foam or something like that.my 1996 s-10 vortec had to have the EGR vavlve taken out and cleaned every year.i started using the seafoam and it would keep it clean.not sure what it would do to the millenia S.any ideas?like i said its got 180,000 so im not wanting to put a lot into it.this will probably be my parts car for my next millinia S.(LOL)but i would love to find a nice 95-97 with about 50,000 to drive. i like the looks of those better than the newer ones for some reason

Old 07-04-2010, 11:03 AM

Pulled purge control out and it was not functioning. there was no continuity between terminals (coil in relay broken) and no flow between hose inlets when voltage applied( relay not opening valve).i found a junk yard with some mazdas and found a SIMILIAR part number purge valve off of a millenia.looked just like mine so wanted to take a chance.the guy let me take 2 off of different cars for 30 $.foregot what the other car was.they both worked!! drove 550 miles to KC and no engine light and runs like a DREAM!!!!