Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Power antenna mast

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Default Power antenna mast

Is there any trick or procedure for replaceing the mast assembly?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Default RE: Power antenna mast

I just took mine out and replaced it with a base loaded fixed antennae. You dont metion your year, mine is a '96. Getting the old one out wasnt hard. Just peel back the inside covering of the trunk, and take out the 3 10mm blots (they are long ones), then the power antennae unit will be loose. Unhook the eletrical connector, and the coax. Also there is a rubber hose that allows liquid to drain to the bottom of the fender. Yank that out. The mast unit will then come out.

Like I said, I did not replace mine, just replaced it with a 10 dollar base loaded one.

Good luck!

Old 12-17-2007, 10:49 AM

It's a '95 (probably same as yours).Yeah,a fixed would be way much easier I guess,but I'm trying to keep the car original w/it's original integrity.The parts guy at the Mazda dealer made it sound very easy/just a matter of turning on the radio while pulling/feeding out the old one-then doing vice-versa going in w/the new one (with help/"radio operator" ofcourse).It sounds like your idea of removing the whole unit would give me better control/observation of this procedure.......Thankyou for input kellybell................

Old 12-17-2007, 01:28 PM

If you decide to go with a fixed antennae, you will also need a female to female adapter, because the coax from the radio ends with a male fitting, and any aftermarket antennae ends with a male fitting.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:44 PM

Got the new one in.Goes up and down fine.But seems like it's extending too far out,making the antenna floppy once extended.Seal is tight.Should I snip some of the toothed ribbon off ?

Old 12-19-2007, 06:35 AM

The holes that mount the antennae motor to the car are slotted, IIRC. See if you can adjust the motor down. Loosen the 3 10mm blots and see if you can slide the entire unit down all the way. Tighten the bolts back up and see if that helps.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:53 AM

Only a nut attached to a stud coming from motor bracket actually hols the assy.I don't know why the 2 bolts above it are there/they just go through the body webbing.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:45 AM

HMMMM. I dont know why it would raise so far then. You might call a Mazda dealership and ask a service advisor.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:37 PM

There is a sleeve that attachs to the mast that does not come with the new pole. Leaving it out would cause it to be loose fitting.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:39 PM

Wjen you loosened the bolt, you could not move the motor up and down?

Quick Reply: Power antenna mast