Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Lateral links!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Default Lateral links!!!!!

Ok so i got new tires yesterday and the mechanic said i needed new upper lateral links for thefront end on both sides. When he showed me im confused if its the upper or not. Its straight in the middle where you pull the tire off. It moves back and forth. Is this the upper???? Also i priced them and geez they cost like 250 bucks for both. has ayone had this problem and can tell me if in fact its the upper??? Also can anyoe give me a site to find some cheaper then that??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thank you!!!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 01:27 PM

P.S. I have a 2000 millenia if that helps. Not the type s!!!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 01:51 PM
t2t

Originally Posted by jbaker
Also can anyoe give me a site to find some cheaper then that??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thank you!!!!!
Did you check TascaParts.com ? Some of the cheapest Mazda prices on the 'Net.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by jbaker
P.S. I have a 2000 millenia if that helps. Not the type s!!!!!
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocato...=8&catalogid=1

you need #8, they are different left and right. this arm also adjusts camber, so you will need a wheel alignment. to be sure, look at the ball joint on the end of the arm. on the upper link, the ball joint points down. on the lateral link, the ball joint points up. also, if you do this job yourself, you will have to drop the crossmember just a tad in order to get 1 bolt out. a bit tricky, what you do is loosen the bolts that hold the crossmember to the frame. do NOT remove the bolts, just slowly loosen them until the crossmember drops just enough to get the bolt out. if you let it drop too far, you are doomed. btw, when you get the first arm out, compare it to the new one, and you will see that even the new ones are a bit on the loose side. again, you MUST get it realigned.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Default thnk you for help with lateral link

Thank you soo much for your help. I think i will order them and let my mechanic put them on. I definietly dont want to mess it up. But the link to the website definitely helped. It will save me about 80 bucks...... Thanks again....