Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

lack of power

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Default lack of power

I have a '98 millania s. I recently had the check engine flashing and brought it in for service. I was told I needed new vacuum hoses and spark plugs. the service cost $900. Since completion of the job the car losses power or doesn't start. These conditions occur more with wet or rainy days. Any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Default power loss help

I have a 2001 Millenia and had the same issues during wet days and discovered that my distributor cap had a hairline crack in it. This may be the problem. In a dark garage or at night with the engine running, lift the hood and you may see arching from the area that is getting dampness. I hope this helps.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 AM

the 2.3(s) no hava distributor. cop system. flashing check engine is misfire. your very first step when this happens is to get the codes scanned, and log them. DO NOT ERASE. vacuum lines wont be a cause of misfire, but all the 2.3's will need them changed. more important, the plastic tees need to be changed. i put brass tees on our cars. plugs are supposed to be changed at 60k. it is VERY common that the rear bank does NOT get changed, because they are so labor intensive. so, you may have been charged for something that wasnt done. also, it is very common that shops put the wrong plug in, AND the wrong gap. however, even if the job was completly fubar'd, it should still start. it would run like crap, but it should start. is the ce lite still on?