Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

How To: Fixing a missing radio code.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 01:06 PM

Hi guys. Name is Michael and I live in London, UK. Bought a Mazda 3 TS2 2005 and had the CODE flashing across the screen. Eventually managed to get it to say ERR and no matter what I tried, I hit a brick wall. I have struggled with this for an hour or so, going back and forth from the laptop to the car about 10 times. And I live on the second floor of a 2 stories house :-). Fun, huh? Eventually I came across the answer on here: Mazda 3: I have a Mazda 3, 05 plate, the Bose radio flashes

OK, here is what I have found in the end that worked for Mazda 3 2005:

Press the power button and FM for ten seconds. That's it. No thousands of combinations and endless button pressing and silly codes. I hope it will work for you too. Bless.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:56 PM
evy
Default mazda 2 code

hi all,
the answers i found on the forum seemed to date from 2010, i have the same problem on my mazda 2 (2010) with the radio.
I tried it 3 times already, and it went from flashing code to err .
tried already 4989,3511,1414.
Is there anything i might be missing here?
Thank you already for reading!
grtz

Old 04-05-2017, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kasstastrophy
If you are like me, you possibly might have the nice Panasonicradio that requires a code to be inputed if it lost power. Now, if your really like me... you didn"t have the code needed. Here are the steps to reclaiming your tunes and your sanity.

If you know the Owner"s Code, a four-digit code, the instructions are fairly simple:

STEP 1: Turn the ignition to ACC

STEP 2: Briefly and simultaneously press both SEARCH and AUTO-M. This action should change the display from a blinking code to a solid .

STEP 3: Using the radio preset buttons 1, 2, 3, and 4, set the Owner"s Code in the display. The first position can be set using the 1 button, the second using the 2 button, etc.

STEP 4: Press and hold both SEARCH and AUTO-M until you hear a loud beep and the display shows good. The radio will then turn off, and you are ready to start listening again.

If you don"t know the Owner"s Code, the instructions are similar.

The first goal is to get the display to flash"ERR" instead of code. Then you can enter the Dealer Code to reset the radio. Here are the steps:

STEP 2: Briefly and simultaneously press both SEARCH and AUTO-M. This action should change the display from a blinking code to a solid.

STEP 3: Using the radio preset buttons 1, 2, 3, and 4, set any four-digit code in the display. The first position can be set using the 1 button, the second using the 2 button, etc.

STEP 4: Press and hold both SEARCH and AUTO-M. If by some chance you guessed the Owner"s Code, there will be a loud beep and the display will show good before the radio turns off. If this happens, you are done. More likely, the display will briefly show"ERR" and then change back to the flashing code.

STEP 5: Repeat steps 1-4 until you have a flashingERR instead of a flashing code.

STEP 6: Press the following buttons in sequence: SEARCH, AM, AUTO-M, FM 1/2. The display should now show .

STEP 7: Set the code to 4989 using the preset buttons, as before.

Press and hold both SEARCH and AUTO-M until you hear a loud beep and the displayflashes good. The radio will then turn off, and you are ready to start listening again.

This will speed you on your way to getting your radio back!

-Kass
Great advice but my 07 Mazda must have a different stereo because it doesn't have the buttons you say to press

Old 04-20-2019, 05:30 PM

Thanks to evy 1414 worked on my '02 MX5 S-VT

Old 06-21-2019, 09:07 AM
Default Thank you very much

Originally Posted by PeacefulWarrior
Hi guys. Name is Michael and I live in London, UK. Bought a Mazda 3 TS2 2005 and had the CODE flashing across the screen. Eventually managed to get it to say ERR and no matter what I tried, I hit a brick wall. I have struggled with this for an hour or so, going back and forth from the laptop to the car about 10 times. And I live on the second floor of a 2 stories house :-). Fun, huh? Eventually I came across the answer on here: Mazda 3: I have a Mazda 3, 05 plate, the Bose radio flashes

OK, here is what I have found in the end that worked for Mazda 3 2005:

Press the power button and FM for ten seconds. That's it. No thousands of combinations and endless button pressing and silly codes. I hope it will work for you too. Bless.
Thank you very much. You live saver. Works fine on my Mazda 5 MPV 2005

Old 11-15-2019, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kasstastrophy
If you are like me, you possibly might have the nice Panasonicradio that requires a code to be inputed if it lost power. Now, if your really like me... you didn"t have the code needed. Here are the steps to reclaiming your tunes and your sanity.

If you know the Owner"s Code, a four-digit code, the instructions are fairly simple:

STEP 2: Briefly and simultaneously press both SEARCH and AUTO-M. This action should change the display from a blinking code to a solid .

STEP 3: Using the radio preset buttons 1, 2, 3, and 4, set the Owner"s Code in the display. The first position can be set using the 1 button, the second using the 2 button, etc.

STEP 4: Press and hold both SEARCH and AUTO-M until you hear a loud beep and the display shows good. The radio will then turn off, and you are ready to start listening again.

If you don"t know the Owner"s Code, the instructions are similar.

The first goal is to get the display to flash"ERR" instead of code. Then you can enter the Dealer Code to reset the radio. Here are the steps:

STEP 2: Briefly and simultaneously press both SEARCH and AUTO-M. This action should change the display from a blinking code to a solid.

STEP 3: Using the radio preset buttons 1, 2, 3, and 4, set any four-digit code in the display. The first position can be set using the 1 button, the second using the 2 button, etc.

STEP 4: Press and hold both SEARCH and AUTO-M. If by some chance you guessed the Owner"s Code, there will be a loud beep and the display will show good before the radio turns off. If this happens, you are done. More likely, the display will briefly show"ERR" and then change back to the flashing code.

STEP 5: Repeat steps 1-4 until you have a flashingERR instead of a flashing code.

STEP 6: Press the following buttons in sequence: SEARCH, AM, AUTO-M, FM 1/2. The display should now show .

STEP 7: Set the code to 4989 using the preset buttons, as before.

Press and hold both SEARCH and AUTO-M until you hear a loud beep and the displayflashes good. The radio will then turn off, and you are ready to start listening again.

This will speed you on your way to getting your radio back!

-Kass
This might work for me. I've been struggling for months with this

It still shows flashing Err... What now?

Last edited by Levy Fenky Phaloane; 11-15-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:39 AM
Default 2008/9 Mazda 3 Bose

I tried all these codes with no luck. One person here said hold the power button and fm button down together for a good few seconds. This worked. No codes needed. This was on a mazda 3 2008/09 with the Bose 6 cd changer.