Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

high idle and need to sell

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Default high idle and need to sell

Hi everyone. I am trying to figure out a problem I've recently been having before selling my '98 Milennia S. It has been reaching high RPMs in park and often at stop lights - not every single time, but fairly often. The transmission was rebuilt about a year and a half ago - and now shifts hard if the idle is high - however, as long as the idle is performing as normal - it shifts fine. Any thoughts on where to possibly find this problem? Again, I am wanting to sell this if anyone is interested - as I'm moving and will not need a car. Other than the idle problem it runs well. You should know that almost every warning light is "on" however. I've had it put on the diagnostic machine several times to find out why they are on. It has shown that nothing is wrong once, and other times it triggered speed control sensor, o2 sensor, ecm, and abs unit - surely not all of these are malfunctioning, as it seems to run fine (minus the recent idle problem). I have given up on getting these lights "off" - unfortunately, this will probably hurt my resale value. Has anybody else had these problems? any suggestions? thanks for your input and help.

Old 05-31-2005, 03:32 PM
Default RE: high idle and need to sell

CARRIE79
HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR COOLANT LEVEL; IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE ADJUSTS IDLE BY COOLANT TEMP, IF LEVEL IS LOW, CAN
CAUSE INTERMITTANT FAST IDLE.
FOR YOUR WARNING LIGHT PROBLEM; CHECK FOR A POOR GROUND CONNECTION; FOLLOW BATTERY GROUND CABLES; ONE GOES
TO BODY, OTHER GOES DOWN TO ATX; ANOTHER TO CHECK IS THE ONE ON TOP OF ENGINE, IT ON THE BRACKET THAT HOLDS
THE SOLENOIDS & VACUUM HOSES.

Old 06-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Default RE: high idle and need to sell

gtxtreme,
Thanks for the ideas and suggestions. I'm out of town for a few weeks, but will check these things out when I get back. Thanks again and I'll post with any successes. Carri