Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

EGR sensor connector

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Default EGR sensor connector

1999 Mazda Millenia S

What's up ppl? I've tried uploading photos but cant do it. So i'll try asking without the pics. The EGR positon sensor is working but when tryin to replace a couple solenoids on back of engine. I torn apart the wires from harness to EGR connector. I have the female connector in hand and it connects to male end on EGR, but wires are not connected to female side.

Can someone look at their car and tell me in detail which of the three wires go where on the female side. I'm tired as h3ll maybe this makes since. Ty for any help.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:10 AM
t2t

I believe you've posted this same question over at Mazdaworld.Org. I've responded to your post over there with the sequence order of the wires for you.

Best of luck.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:16 PM

yeah I posted both at the same time for more eyes to see. I seen ur post but forgot my sign in info for mazdaworld.org. thnx for your help.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:25 PM
t2t

Originally Posted by DyNAmic_STaTE
yeah I posted both at the same time for more eyes to see. I seen ur post but forgot my sign in info for mazdaworld.org. thnx for your help.
Did you get it running?

Old 07-26-2010, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by t2t
Did you get it running?
Yep.. Finaly turned off CEL after 2 years of being illumnated. Fixing problem after problem on car. So I spent maybe 450$ and 15 hrs of work and all are operating appropriately.

Except for TCS/ TCS OFF light still comes on after 15 mintues of driving and rpm's will not exceed 2,400 rpm. There seems to be a skip during acceleration but no P0300->6.

Would slipping timing belt cause this seemingly miss (skip) problem?

Old 07-26-2010, 07:36 AM

Yep.. Finaly turned off CEL after 2 years of being illumnated. Fixing problem after problem on car. So I spent maybe 450$ and 15 hrs of work and all are operating appropriately.

Except for TCS/ TCS OFF light still comes on after 15 mintues of driving and rpm's will not exceed 2,400 rpm. There seems to be a skip during acceleration but no P0300->6.

Would slipping timing belt cause this seemingly miss (skip) problem?
dunno about your miss/skip, but the tcs off/tcs and 2400 is definitely limp home. if you dont have any codes, i have no idea why the car is going limp home. the pcm is linked to the tcm, and when pcm detects a problem, most commonly with boost, it stops communicating with tcm, and puts the car in limp home. i would suspect one or both of the vacuum/vent solenoids are starting to fail. they live on the right bank, and get a lot of heat. if you ohm them when they are hot, you immediatly know. however, the first time is a bit difficult to get at them, plus, the engine will be hot. if you have never changed them, and the car has a lot of miles on it, i would just get new ones and install them. when the engine is cool

Old 07-26-2010, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by keninn
dunno about your miss/skip, but the tcs off/tcs and 2400 is definitely limp home. if you dont have any codes, i have no idea why the car is going limp home. the pcm is linked to the tcm, and when pcm detects a problem, most commonly with boost, it stops communicating with tcm, and puts the car in limp home. i would suspect one or both of the vacuum/vent solenoids are starting to fail. they live on the right bank, and get a lot of heat. if you ohm them when they are hot, you immediatly know. however, the first time is a bit difficult to get at them, plus, the engine will be hot. if you have never changed them, and the car has a lot of miles on it, i would just get new ones and install them. when the engine is cool
I was getting the codes of P1540 & P1525. I had both ohm'd & checked airflow on those solenoids. Only the VACCUM solenoid was malfunctioning, so i replaced & tested new one before installing it, tested OK. As for the VENT, I got ohm reading of about 36 ohm's while solenoid was somewhat hot & airflow was correct. So I didn't replace it. Also replaced a few "T"s that were burnt through.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:04 PM

I was getting the codes of P1540 & P1525. I had both ohm'd & checked airflow on those solenoids. Only the VACCUM solenoid was malfunctioning, so i replaced & tested new one before installing it, tested OK. As for the VENT, I got ohm reading of about 36 ohm's while solenoid was somewhat hot & airflow was correct. So I didn't replace it. Also replaced a few "T"s that were burnt through.
36 ohms is bad. 30 is marginal, new is like 26. they are so close in failing, just replace both when one is bad. the other is very close behind.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:58 PM
t2t

Originally Posted by keninn
36 ohms is bad. 30 is marginal, new is like 26. they are so close in failing, just replace both when one is bad. the other is very close behind.
Keninn,

Thanks for posting this information. I pulled my Ohm meter out of storage when I got home from work today. Both the vent and vacuum solenoids were reading in at 36 Ohms. Fortunately, my delivery from TascaParts arrives tomorrow with 2, new fresh solenoids.

Thanks again.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 PM
t2t

Just a quick question. My new solenoids arrived from Tascaparts today. I did a quick check of them (cold) with my Ohm meter. I was getting readings of 38/39 ???

Is this odd?