Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

distributor wiring? 2001 Millenia 2.5L

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Default distributor wiring? 2001 Millenia 2.5L

Does anyone have the wiring layout for the '01 series Millenia with a 2.5L? Trying to see if the HEI ignitor swap is valid for this year and I can not find a wiring schematic at all. All the schematics I find are for older Mazda harnesses (mid 90's). Although I know technically the motor is the same in general, I don't know if the main wiring was changed.

Anyone know?

Eric

Old 10-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Default Help!

HELP!!
Ok I went ahead and tried it even though I had a feeling it wouldn't work..

When I look at the 6pin connector I see
B=Black Bl=Blue

1 2 3 4 5 6
B/bl Rd/B XX Pk/B B/Bl Y/B

3pin Connector

1 2 3
XX XX B/W

I found a wiring diagram for a '94 probe that did say that the B/W on the 3pin could be the wire color and the Y/B on the 6pin could be the right color as well. The Y/B is closest to the firewall on the connector. The 3pin connector, I ONLY have that 1 wire, I do not have the other 2 at all (looks factory too).

I ran a 14g wire from terminal W on the HEI module to a ring terminal and bolted it and another ring terminal to the right side mounting hole on the HEI module. I then ran that ring terminal to a chassic ground and tested with a idiot light. I got a light by testing the pin 3 on the 3pin connector and got voltage (which I read you should get 12+).

I then line spliced said 12+ wire (pin 3 on 3pin connector) to terminal B on the HEI module. I tested again, got idiot light. Connector now plugged back in to disty.

I then snipped the (thin) Y/B pin 6 on the 6pin connector and ran that wire (from the harness) to terminal G on the HEI module.

Theoretically it should be right. 2 notes of heavy interest...

I did NOT mount the module to the chassis since I had a what appeared to be a good chassis ground. I read somewhere this was optional as long as there was good ground. Right now I don't have a spot in mind to mount it otehr than shoot a hole in the body itself (kind of don't want to...).

More importantly though, I have nothing to connected to terminal C of the HEImodule. ALl the diagrams I see call it the 12v Neg from disty. I don't have that wire -- i have nothing to connect to the HEI terminal C. Some diagrams I see say it is for the tach and then some posts say that newer modules have a tach connection at teh ECU and it isn't needed... but I feel not connecting it to something isn't right for some reason.

Is anyone out there familar with this?

Eric