Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

A/C light on when heat is on!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Default A/C light on when heat is on!

Hi, I hope someone can answer my queston? I bought a 1998 Mazda Mellinia. I tryed the heat today and the display on the dash said the A/c was on and I heard the compresser running. I tryed different modes Floor vent ect. But the a/c light nuver turned off and the compresser never turned off? Can anyone tell me if this is normal for Mazda? Any other car i have had the compresser will turn on if u turn the air on or def mode but not all the settings?? Please Help!!!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dominolpguy
Hi, I hope someone can answer my queston? I bought a 1998 Mazda Mellinia. I tryed the heat today and the display on the dash said the A/c was on and I heard the compresser running. I tryed different modes Floor vent ect. But the a/c light nuver turned off and the compresser never turned off? Can anyone tell me if this is normal for Mazda? Any other car i have had the compresser will turn on if u turn the air on or def mode but not all the settings?? Please Help!!!
are you pressing the AUTO button? if so, then the system is in climate control mode. climate control mode mixes heat and a/c, so the compressor is running all the time. if you press the a/c button on the right lower corner, the green lite on the auto button goes out, and you are in manual mode. press the a/c button again, and econ lites up. now you are in a/c econ mode, and it will for sure cycle then. you need to get an owner's manual, it will explain all of this

Old 06-27-2010, 06:45 AM

Thankyou for your reply Keninn! I will try that! But even thou I have it turned to 90' the display says the ac is on? Shouldn't it say "Heat" on the dash display? Even when I press the fan button the ac comes on? Anything I try the display still says Ac is on? I do have a manual but it really don't explain everything? Please reply thanks! Dave,

Old 06-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Default lost in translation

A/C means air conditioning wether it be hot to cold or cold to hot in japaneese(LOL).does the A/C blow cold and the heat put out heat? it will do what ever you set it on and still say A/C. I hit auto in the summer at 70 and 95 in the winter and they both say A/C.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dominolpguy
Thankyou for your reply Keninn! I will try that! But even thou I have it turned to 90' the display says the ac is on? Shouldn't it say "Heat" on the dash display? Even when I press the fan button the ac comes on? Anything I try the display still says Ac is on? I do have a manual but it really don't explain everything? Please reply thanks! Dave,
the a/c button has 3 functions. if you start the system by pressing the AUTO button, it will show a/c. then, if you press the A/C button, it will show econ. then, if you press the A/C button again, econ goes away, and there is nothing. however, the temp is still displayed. in this mode, the compressor is now off, and you can turn the temp dial from cold to hot, but you will not get any a/c. you WILL get heat, but it will never show heat. as long as the green lite is on the AUTO button, the a/c will show. why is it so important to you that you see "heat"?