Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Bose Radio AM, FM, Ant., & 6CD work, but NO SOUND!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Smile To: 97MillerCycle

This is great info! Thanks for sharing it. Now we can intelligently experiment using trial and error to possibly find a workable solution. Good job!

I still have no idea what has failed in the system to make the sound disappear. Do you? From a previous post, it appears the 12v input to the amp relay is absent. Why?/How?

I did notice on the diagram that you sent: the connector CN701 of the CQ-YM3310A radio has an "Amp Cont" connection (pin J), but there is not one on the 3312A radio. However, the 3312A radio does have an "Ant Cont" connection (pin H) which the 3310A radio does not have. But they both have an "Ant Sw" connection. ?????

It may take a lot of trial and error, but I think the "right" wire to jump/splice to the amp relay can be found using the info you sent. Thanks again.

Wish I could figure out what has failed. That just might be an easier fix.

Any new ideas?

Take care,
Gabby1234

Old 03-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Default Radio, CD all working now...

I connected a +12v source from the driving light wire which is yellow to the relay. So now all I need is to just turn on the driving light each time I drive the car and the radio and cd all work fine. When the lights are off, then the AMP will be off, so there will be no battery draining problem.
I am turning on the drving lights for safty reason during day time drving anyway, so this is best solution for me.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:17 AM

I ran power from the right tail light hot wire to the light green with red strip wire on the relay. You have to turn on the head lights to make the radio work, but works great. Thanks for the help guys if you still have these email addresses.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:12 PM

I NEED HELP SO BADLY!!!! I have this same problem and I have had it for a while, CAN ANYONE HELP ME????? I have a Mazda 6 2007 and when my car starts I hear the pop in my left rear speaker, the radio and functions all seem to work fine, I just have no sound, and its bugging the crap out of me. Can any one help me? Please?? I truly miss my radio, its killing me

Old 07-17-2016, 12:06 PM
Default radio blues

I own a 2013 Mazda CX-5. Have radio issue. Everything works but no sound. All fuses are good. Is there any fix?

Old 03-14-2017, 01:27 PM
Default Bose Radio AM, FM, Ant., & 6CD work, but NO SOUND!

Hi...

it sounds like my problems! no sounds at all. I've check the optical that connect to the amp under the passenger seat but cant find anything.... any helps out there would be highly appreciated!

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

Last edited by amit65; 03-18-2017 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:32 AM

We had this problem and it all related to a faulty amp. Costs for new were coming in around £350, which is steep.

We eventually found a repair option on the existing amp. I was a little bit dubious as it's still quite expensive but it worked a treat - Mazda 3 Bose Amplifier Repair Service

Old 02-05-2019, 03:37 PM
Smile Fixed!

I have fixed this problem for under $100!

I bought a 2008 Mazda 6 Luxury sport with Bose audio, the radio turned on but the sound did not work... At all. Maybe sometimes for 30 seconds on cold mornings.

After months of digging around in forums i found a potential fix that bypasssed having to send this off to a 3rd party repairer or worse.. to the manufacturer. I found this info on some eastern european tech nerd forum which i translated and gave it a go.

Turns out it is one of 3 components on the chip in the Bose amp under the seat. Each around $5 on Aliexpress from China, then you will need to find a local Microsolderer to replace them for you if you're not comfortable with soldering microchips, i found a guy that usually does iPhone stuff and he did it for $75.

Step 1: Take out the Amp under the seat, i had to take my seat off completely. Then open up the metal casing to have a look at the chip, Each model of these amps have a different specific component.

Step 2: Find the part numbers written in tiny letters and numbers on the top of the 3 black components towards the back of the chip, mine were CS42438, DSPB56374AE and ST2L05-3300, an integrated curcuit, a digital signal processor and a stabiliser (respectively) pictured below. There are some other numbers on a second row on the chip that seemed to be irrelevant or unique.. Search for these parts on Aliexpress.com and get them sent to you.

Step 3: Get your micro soldering dude to change them over, reinstall the amp and .. fixed!

I needed the CS42438, DSPB56374AE, ST2L05-3300

Old 03-25-2019, 08:51 AM

Mine died couple of days ago. Same story radio CD works fine but no sound. The only thing I can add is, before it stopped working I'm pretty sure I heard like a electric short around passenger seat that was when I was leaving car, when I came back to car I heard like a knock sound from speakers but when I checked them they worked fine until I left the car again and came back then there was just silence.

You might be right with amplifier tho, have a look at this:
https://youtu.be/co2zI5Foh28

Old 03-25-2019, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lukasz Lewandowski
Mine died couple of days ago. Same story radio CD works fine but no sound. The only thing I can add is, before it stopped working I'm pretty sure I heard like a electric short around passenger seat that was when I was leaving car, when I came back to car I heard like a knock sound from speakers but when I checked them they worked fine until I left the car again and came back then there was just silence.

You might be right with amplifier tho, have a look at this:
https://youtu.be/co2zI5Foh28
Yep, even on a couple of bad days I would hear those cracking/knocking sounds. That video was the point where I knew it was the amp, I fixed mine, hasn’t missed a beat since. Pull that amp out and follow the steps I went through towards the end of this thread here for a fix under $100
https://forum.mazda6club.com/car-ele.../topics/252151

Last edited by Richard Dawson; 03-25-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Bose Radio AM, FM, Ant., & 6CD work, but NO SOUND!