Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Airbag light flashing

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Default RE: Airbag light flashing

wow...thats a pretty neat description of air bag codes...wish i had this information before

Old 08-08-2006, 01:08 AM

I have the same problem with my 2002 Mazda Millenia. My cruise control, horn, will not work and the airbag light is blinking. I searched all over the internet for a clock spring for my car but I couldn't find it. Do you know where I can buy that part for my car and how much will it aprox. cost me.

Thanks

Old 08-08-2006, 05:06 PM

Is the light flashing in a repeating pattern of 6 times? That would be a drivers air bag system fault if it is. Given that flash pattern and no horn or cruise then clockspring would certainly be a likely candidate. OE part number for the clockspring on a 2002 is
TC44-66-CS0. Last digit there is a 'zero' and not a letter 'o'. MSRP is $165.95. Available at www.onlinemazdaparts.com for $134.24.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:47 PM

Thanks, your advice really helped.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:19 PM

I took my 2002 Millenia to the mechanic, they ordered the clock spring and replaced it for me and shabbam!! all my problems were fix. The flashing air bag light, solved; the horn not working, solved; and the cruise control not working, solved. Thanks for the advice, you guys saved the day!

Old 11-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Default RE: Airbag light flashing (and check engine P0400)

I had the passenger side fault (7 flashes) myself for about 8 months now too on my 2002 millenia. Today I jiggled a wire underneath the seat (not sure what because I couldn't see much and the seat was really low) but now it's out. Hopefully it will stay out. Glad it's not a big problem. From what I've read there is a sensor that tells if there's a person in the seat for the airbag to deploy. Can anyone confirm whether or not thepassengerairbag would definately not deploy if that light is flashing?

Also been getting check engine code p0400 (egr malfunction). Had it cleared twice at autozone and today I just removed the battery cable to get rid of it. Both times it usually takes about a week to come back on, and both times it was when I was dangerously low on gas (not sure if that is a coincidence or not). I don't really want to take it to the dealer for this problem. I saw some some info on fixing it, I might try it when I get real ambitious (ie. after winter!) Details are here at http://forums.mazdaworld.org/index.php?showtopic=13174. Does this usually hamper performance much? It doesn't seem to be running differently, but it's never been very good on gas mileage.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:28 PM

So how do you clear the codes?
Shorting it 3 times with the ign switched to on?

Old 03-13-2008, 04:16 PM

But what do the codes mean?? Is there a source that explains what the various codes mean once you have retrieved or observed one?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:49 AM

I'm also getting an airbag code 32, any chance you know what code 32 is? I've not been so lucky finding it.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:06 AM

OK, when you reset your engine codes at autozone or with a handheld scanner the light will stay off for 100 miles. unless it is a very serious code and then it will come right back on.

I am a used car dealer and took my wifes 2001 Millenia to the auction this past thursday. now the airbag light flashes code 26. according to what I have seen here it is possibly a clock spring. my question is how hard is it to remove the clock spring. could this have been done at the auction? I checked the car in at about 9:30 am and by 12 it was flashing but there are people walking around all the time looking at the cars.

Thanks for your input.

Tracy

Quick Reply: Airbag light flashing