Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

2000 Millenia Transmission

Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Default 2000 Millenia Transmission

Hello everyone, and thank you for providing this forum.

I am new to this forum, and a new Mazda owner as well. I have a 2000 Millenia witht the 2.5 Engine. The transmission is bad...it will not shift into 3rd or 4th..just slips after 2nd gear.

I am curious as to which transmissions will work properly with this car.
I see 2.3 engines and some say Probe- MX6- will work...I am curious which YEAR transmissions will interchange with this car with NO problems...

Also...is there a tech topic for changing the transmission out on my own. I have always done my own mechanic work...but I have never changed a front wheel drive transmission.

Thanks again for the replies..

There is nothing like not knowing...and not getting help.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:14 PM

I guess i still don't know.....and it looks like no one is helping.

Nice board.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:31 AM
t2t

Originally Posted by 68chevee

Nice board.
Don't lose faith just yet. There are not a whole lot of members around these boards anymore. Most people come here, ask questions regarding their specific issues, get their answer, then leave. There's no way a board will survive in this manner. If you only have 1 or 2 people answering posts, again, things will not survive. Even those who ask questions, need to participate to keep things alive.

Not to forget, the Millenia is an aging vehicle. Plenty get pulled off the road each day as they get older and costlier to maintain. There's just a handful of enthusiasts left that are not afraid to turn a wrench and do their own work. Most people just take their vehicle to a shop, pay the bill and take it up the ... you know what.

With that off my chest, Yel-Low over at the mazdaworld.org forum (Millenia forum) has a tranny available for the 2.5L engine available. He's not asking a whole lot of money for it either. Plus, he's a stand up guy. Give it a try.

EDIT: *** The above transmission is no longer for sale ***

Thanks,

Last edited by t2t; 08-12-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by 68chevee

Nice board.
wtf? you ever think the reason no one answered is because NO ONE KNOWS? suppose you were to walk up to me at my house, cause you see we have 2 millenias, and you see me working on them. so, you ask,

do you know if a 2.3 trans will fit in a 2.5? me-dont know
do you know if there is a difference by year in the transmissions? me-dont know
do you know how to change the transmission? me-dont know
do you know if the tcm is the same? me-dont know
do you know if the connector is the same? me-dont know
do you know if the ratios are the same? me-they are not. this i know
do you know if the axles are the same? me-they are not.

so, you walk away, and make that remark. guess which finger i be giving you?

Old 08-09-2010, 10:22 AM
t2t

Originally Posted by keninn
guess which finger i be giving you?
You'd be telling him he's # 1 ??

Old 08-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Default rebuild

why not have the one in it rebuilt? a salvege may last but how long? tranny place will charge about 1700 for a rebuilt, compact car

Old 08-09-2010, 07:49 PM
t2t

Originally Posted by rockoe
why not have the one in it rebuilt? a salvege may last but how long? tranny place will charge about 1700 for a rebuilt, compact car
You think it would be that cheap? The last tranny I had rebuilt cost me $2,300 - about 6 years ago for my Ford Taurus. The price included solenoids, torque converter as well as the removal and reinstallation of the tranny by the shop. It took them a little over 3 days to do the job.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Default rebuild tranny

call around and see.the BIG name tranny place here in OKLAHOMA charges 1700 for rebuild,one year warranty,COMPACT car,and i think the millenia would qualify.may be different in your neck of the woods

Old 08-10-2010, 08:39 PM
t2t

Originally Posted by rockoe
call around and see.the BIG name tranny place here in OKLAHOMA charges 1700 for rebuild,one year warranty,COMPACT car,and i think the millenia would qualify.may be different in your neck of the woods
Ah, I see. Oklahoma being the "key" word. Yes, I can see where it might cost quite a bit less to rebuilt a tranny for you. Here on the east coast, I'm paying labor rates between $90 - $112 per hour (not a dealership) to get my car repaired. Or, I just repair it myself usually.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Default Ooooklahoma

cost of life is a little cheaper here,get what you pay for sometimes.wish i had about $250,000 about now, ide go buy one of the 5 miilion dollar mansions around here,their giving them away, HUGE houses!!! ive never had tranny problems in my 30 years of driving,but if one went out completely and needed $2000 to fix,bye bye car. seems like you wouldnt get that 2000 back,thats about half the value of most of my cars,be better spent towards a new ride.