Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

2000 Millenia S TCS/accelerator problem...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by MonicaJ
I keep getting the limp home mode 3-4 times every trip. The TCS off and TCS light come on anything after 2500 rpm. I took it to mazda and alls they told me was the ABV Solenoid. It could also be the vacuum hose as well right? Do you think I should change all the valve and hoses or what should I do? I got no answers from Mazda!!!!! They just took my $118 for the diagnostic test and left me with no clues. I'm a girl so they look at me all crazy because I try to do the work myself and just blow me off. Just like to know how to work on my own cars and not need a man for everything... LOL! Just need a little help and to talk out the problem when I'm not exactly sure what to do.
Thank you
first off, what codes are there? if you are going limp home, the ce lite must be illuminated. go get it scanned. most likely is the solenoids. they are not hard to change, but a bit tricky. but hey, if you do change them, and it makes the car fine, just think, you can go back to mazda and moon them

Old 05-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Default Take a breath

Originally Posted by salamero117
Cleared the codes, ran the car until it when into limp home mode 3 times and checked the codes again and got two: P0404 & P1540. While driving it this time I also realized that this only happens when I accelerate quickly and not gradually. So P1540 is:

Lysholm air bypass valve (ABV) control system malfunction

Detection Conditions
  • Actual charged-air pressure is higher than target charged-air pressure by 19.7 kPa or more
  • ECU reduces charged-air pressure but air temperature sensor (on the Lysholm compressor) does not indicate a drop to 150 degrees C or below
Possible Causes
  • ABV actuator malfunction
  • ABV vacuum control solenoid valve malfunction
  • ABV vent control solenoid valve malfunction
  • Intercooler bypass valve actuator is stuck closed
  • Intercooler bypass solenoid valve malfunction
  • MAP sensor malfunction
  • MAP sensor solenoid valve malfunction
  • ABV system related vacuum hose is restricted or leaking
  • Intake air temperature (Lysholm compressor) sensor malfunction
  • Lysholm compressor malfunction
  • ECU malfunction
So I think its the ABV valve, a vacuum hose leak or the IAT sensor...
What do you guys think?
YOU NEED TO LISTEN ONLY TO KENINN - HE IS BATMAN!. I too had a number of codes and the same "limp home" symptom that you have. You will probably find out you need to replace the ABV Vent and Vacuum Solenoids. BUT - wait until Keninn chimes in. He will get you through this.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Default TCS problem

I don't think anyone has come up with a solid solution to the TCS problem on the Milennia S...not even Mazda. I sold my car to a mechanic to get rid of the headache. Changing the vaccuum hoses and the AVB soleniod are the only things I have heard people say that MAY fix this problem. Sorry but my only advice to you would be to get rid of the car. I loved mines but it became a safety issue when having to pull over on the high way to restart that car so I got rid of it. Good luck with your car.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Default Vacum Diagrahm

The thing about these cars is EVERYTHING has to be right. The vacum lines have to be connected per the diagrahm. The codes will direct you to the SYSTEM that is putting the car into TCS mode. Ive had a speed sensor that put me in limp mode and it just had some mud on it. The smallest thing wrong will drive you crazy but it just takes the time to research and to check all the systems and learn how they all work together.I dont feel good telling people what to do to their cars if i dont SEE the car. A cracked T,loose vacume hose( 30 feet or so of it) a bad selonoid. Ive noticed in a few of Keninns post he says that some part numbers are not correct on the ABV solonoids (vent ,vacume). Thats probably what most people have backwards but no one knows that because the mazda manual is wrong. Oh and dont foreget to get the correct plugs and gap. Theres 3 motors for these cars, 2.5, 2.3 AND the 2.3 miller cycle SC. Part stores think you have the 2.3 NON supercharger and will give you the wrong plugs. I was pulling a MAP code once every now and then so i got one from ebay for 25$ or so,when i went to change it, i saw that one of the lines was split, changed it out was good to go.so i have an extra. Yes this car will test your patience and your wallet for sure. Mine is smoking at start up at 186,000 so id like to find a 99 or so with less miles and in good shape and keep mine for parts.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:05 PM

Hi all,

A little bit about my self.
Frank, 27years old. Country : Netherland.
3th mazda :
(626 Hatch, mpv, 626 station)
Do all maintenance my self.
Car is only in shop for M.o.t. or if my tools are insufficiënt for the Job.

Problem at this moment :
Having the same kind of problem.
Every once in a while the tcs & tcs off lights are on. (When this happens engine does hessitates or stutter for a seconden or so).
Once it did throwing an error regarding the abs/tcs system Believe it was 82 or 72 (did the old paperclip led flashes tricky on abs pin on the diagnoses connector)
The tcs lights do go out after just a few seconds (or minutes on a rare occasion ).
The CeL is always on because I drive on LP thus codes 0102&0134 for oxygen sensor are thrown, no codes regarding vacuum leak or solonoids unless a mass airflow sensor related code counts ?! (Believe it was something regarding not reading correct, though no strange stutterings or lacks in power)

I know it's an old thread but problem seems to be the same.
Have an E.U. spec. Mazda 626 GW
2.0 liter Non turbo. Petrol-LP
115HP/ 85KW
Front heel drive
5 speed manual