Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

1995 Millenia - tilt steering, door lock, alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Default 1995 Millenia - tilt steering, door lock, alarm problem

1995 Mazda Millenia
Normally when I turn the key off and as I pull it out of the ignition, my steering wheel will automatically rise up to the top. I am sure this is so to give the driver room to exit the vehicle. Well, this function is not working. Keep in mind that I can still manually adjust the steering column so I don't thin it is the motor. Secondly, when I open the door and get out of the vehicle and hit the button to lock the doors, it won't let me. It acts as if the key is still in the ignition. The only way I can lock is by closing the door and locking with my key. Lastly, with all of this the car will not arm itself as I beleive it still thinks the key is in the ignition. This didn't happen all of a sudden, but over a week or two it would do it and then I would stick the key and try again and it would work, then after time it quite altogether. Just woderingwhat this might be and what needs to bedone to fix the issue. Thanks.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Default RE: 1995 Millenia - tilt steering, door lock, alarm problem

have you found the answer to why this is happening? my 95' is doing the same thing, i couldn't find the problem so i just had an aftermarket alarm installed. i want the tilt away feature back though, so if you find a solution let me in on it.
thanks!

Old 06-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Default RE: 1995 Millenia - tilt steering, door lock, alarm problem

Aren't Millenias FUN to own! :-/

I don't know if this is the solution, but my car did the same thing a couple of weeks ago, and if you look on the side of the steering wheel, there is a button that pushes down. When the button was pushed either down or up (not sure which setting controls which) I then noticed my steering wheel would automatically adjust once I placed the key into the ignition. I know it has an automatic setting, which controls whether or not the steering wheel will move or not.

Check and see if that button is pushed, and that may solve the problem.