Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

02 Milly S Knock Sensor circuit....?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Question 02 Milly S Knock Sensor circuit....?

I'm trying to trouble shoot a P0325 CEL code for an 02 Milly S. I have the Alldata TS guide but I don't have a diagram describing where the connections are that I need to check. I need to know where the PCM and the X-20 connctor are located. Can anyne help?

Old 02-16-2009, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by uto297
I'm trying to trouble shoot a P0325 CEL code for an 02 Milly S. I have the Alldata TS guide but I don't have a diagram describing where the connections are that I need to check. I need to know where the PCM and the X-20 connctor are located. Can anyne help?
the pcm is behind the radio. it is a real bear to get at. i just pulled one last week out of a 99. i had to cut the harness, getting the connectors off it is just one big pile. from past posts, it is a good chance that the sensor itself is bad. to get at it, you get to pull the compressor. it is under there. and NOT the a/c compressor. the lysholm. then, you need a special socket to get it back on. it is a MAJOR job. i actually have the socket, it is very similar to an oxygen sensor socket, the one that looks like a deep socket with a groove cut in the side.
x20 is position 2k on the pcm. it is a grey/white wire. it appears to also be on the main harness in the engine bay, going to the intake air temp sensor on the compressor. good luck.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:38 PM

Thanks for the response. It's a mute point. I bought a new knock sensor in anticipation that it was the problem but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a wiring problem before ai tackled such a project. I connected the new KS to the harness and then grouned it out and and CEl went out. So, it looks like I'm going to have a little work ahead of me. I still have 8k left on my warranty so if that sort of thing is covered, I'll let my mech do it. He could use the business. Thanks again!

Old 02-17-2009, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by uto297
Thanks for the response. It's a mute point. I bought a new knock sensor in anticipation that it was the problem but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a wiring problem before ai tackled such a project. I connected the new KS to the harness and then grouned it out and and CEl went out. So, it looks like I'm going to have a little work ahead of me. I still have 8k left on my warranty so if that sort of thing is covered, I'll let my mech do it. He could use the business. Thanks again!
someone else posted(i forget which forum) that they put the new sensor in a spare hole, and connected it. works fine. dunno how effective, tho, but as long as you use good fuel, it should work