Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Tires recommended for CX-9

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Default Tires recommended for CX-9

I have to replace my factory original tires on my 2008 CX-9 - 20". Suggestions please? Dealers/Tire Stores giving me different information.

Goodyear Eagle RS-A
Goodyear HP Wrangler
Bueller???

Old 01-04-2011, 08:02 AM

I order mine from http://www.tirerack.com/ and have them installed by a local store. You can pick out exactly what you want from them, and get reviews and research info there. It's almost always cheaper than buying local.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Twilight
I have to replace my factory original tires on my 2008 CX-9 - 20". Suggestions please? Dealers/Tire Stores giving me different information.

Goodyear Eagle RS-A
Goodyear HP Wrangler
Bueller???
Good year Wrangler
I changed to the good year it's like having a whole new car in the snow!!!

Old 02-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Default yokohamas

I ordered Yokohama Spec-X Paradas from Tirerack and I've been happy with them. It improved the ride and has had great traction in light snow so far. My only complaint is the tires sing a bit on certain types of asphalt at high speeds.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Default Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400 - awful in the snow

All...thanks for posting the tire tips for the CX-9. We have a 2008 Touring - no AWD. I live in the Philly suburbs and the past two (2) winters have seen more snowfall than normal. The Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400s are durable (50K+) but are AWFUL in snow and moderate snow at that (e.g., 3-5 inches).

I'll add my two (2) cents regarding the Goodyear Wranglers, Yokohama Parada Spec-X, or other tire should I pick something else.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:51 PM

Goodyear Eagle RS-A
Goodyear HP Wrangler
Bueller???
Ask any Mazda3 driver cursed with Goodyear Ealgle RS-As from the factory what they think about their tires; you'll get one of two responses, 1) a look of clueless confusion (in which case it's time to ask someone else), or 2) a short and sweet "They SUCK!" I fall into category #2.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:25 PM

Checkout the Continental DWS Extreme Contact tires.. have a 2008 CX-9 Touring with AWD... awesome upgrade from the OEM tires.. I run these also on my Infinti G35x... both are like running on rails!! awesome on dry... wet AND snow!

Old 08-23-2011, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by ripplek
I order mine from Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels and have them installed by a local store. You can pick out exactly what you want from them, and get reviews and research info there. It's almost always cheaper than buying local.
Tire Rack. Got a great price on Pirelli Scorpions. TR shipped them ASAP to a recommended installer place nearby. No hassles.

Old 06-04-2022, 09:01 AM
Question

Originally Posted by johnnieboy
Tire Rack. Got a great price on Pirelli Scorpions. TR shipped them ASAP to a recommended installer place nearby. No hassles.
How do you like the Pirelli Scorpions? I'm looking at purchasing them.

Old 06-04-2022, 01:30 PM

Goodyear Eagle RS-A
Goodyear HP Wrangler
Bueller???
Tire stores want to sell you what they have in stock. Tirerack.com is a great research source. Try their Tire decision guide Enter the parameters that matter to you and see the results. Buy from them or elsewhere and use their price to negotiate a lower price. If Bueller is a tire brand, it is probably a cheapo private label brand for certain stores. You can likely do better.

There is a new, unofficial, category of tires called all-weather. It is a 4-season year-'round tire that meets the on-snow requirements of real snow tires. It isn't as good on ice as a real snow tire, and it'll probably wear faster than a standard all-season, but if snow traction is important, look at one of these. Here are some: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...59938#allTitle