Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Should I buy the 2017 CX-9? Is it worth that much $$$?

Old 01-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Default Should I buy the 2017 CX-9? Is it worth that much $$$?

Hi guys,

I am new here but I am so much into the new CX-9 because it looks so much like one of my dream cars the Audi Q7 but cheaper.

I currently drive a 2007 Camry XLE and I never had a Mazda before so I don't know if it's worth the price it's asking for or not. I want the Signature trim. Mainly because the real wood trim and real aluminium attract me so much, as well as the AWD. My current car struggles from time to time on the snow even though I put on all weather tires. So I am interested to give AWD's a try, despite possibly lower mpg.

I make roughly $70k a year, live in an apartment (single) and two cars (1 work, 1 personal-the camry). Do you think the signature trim is worth for me to spend that much money on a car with my current status?

I've always wanted a nice car so I bought my first car second hand, it was about 10k. Audi Q7 is my dream car but after realizing the maintenance can be hefty, and since I'm not that much of a car guy -- only want a nice reliable and fun to drive SUV, I'm looking at cheaper alternatives and cheaper maintenance costs.

Thanks

Old 01-12-2017, 02:53 PM

The financial aspect of the decision is yours and yours alone.

As to the new CX-9 having a premium feel and drive quality; that's the reason I own one rather than a German competitor.

IMO, reliability and cost of use is far better than the Germans.

My CX-9 is Mazda # 19 for me and I've never had a bad one.
I can't say the same about the BMWs and Porsches that I've owned.

Never had a Audi, but friends with them love the vehicles until they have to make one of their frequent trips to the shop or be repaired out-of-warranty.

Again the decision is yours, but my opinion is that the CX-9 punches above its weight class.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:13 PM
Yoo

Originally Posted by Turborascal
The financial aspect of the decision is yours and yours alone.

As to the new CX-9 having a premium feel and drive quality; that's the reason I own one rather than a German competitor.

IMO, reliability and cost of use is far better than the Germans.

My CX-9 is Mazda # 19 for me and I've never had a bad one.
I can't say the same about the BMWs and Porsches that I've owned.

Never had a Audi, but friends with them love the vehicles until they have to make one of their frequent trips to the shop or be repaired out-of-warranty.

Again the decision is yours, but my opinion is that the CX-9 punches above its weight class.
Just curious, how long do you keep your Mazda's since you went through 19 of them. I usually ride my car over 100,000 miles and since this being my first Mazda, I was not sure of reliability issue over long run.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Yoo
Just curious, how long do you keep your Mazda's since you went through 19 of them. I usually ride my car over 100,000 miles and since this being my first Mazda, I was not sure of reliability issue over long run.
The 19 (now 20) Mazdas were owned since 1974, or a span of 43 years.

I kept three well over 100,000 miles, but typically trade with about half of that.
I don't trade due to reliability issues or the need for costly service, but because I want newer technology or a different experience.

For me, Mazda reliability has been among the best, driving experience among the best, and cost of ownership among the lowest of the many cars I've owned.

Regular maintenance and repairing issues if and when they arise can keep these cars on the road well over 100k miles.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:16 PM

I test drove midsize SUVs and the CX-9 was the best handling by far. I do wish Mazda had a turbo 6 instead of a 4 but its not really needed for 99% of the buyers.