Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

New to Forum and new to Mazda... want to add fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Default New to Forum and new to Mazda... want to add fog lights

So I picked up a used 2012 CX-9 from Enterprise Rental (Sales) and I love this SUV. Have always wanted one, and now we got one at a steal (in price).

HOWEVER, it *is* the basic touring (not Sport, not Grand), so it's missing some bells and whistles. I already have in mind to install an after-market in-dash radio with 6-CD changer and GPS... but I wanted to add the fog lights.

Can I order after-market and install them where the other trims show them, or must I go to the dealer for this (and can I even do this to this current model/basic trim).

Thanks - Joe

Old 07-13-2013, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by JoeA
So I picked up a used 2012 CX-9 from Enterprise Rental (Sales) and I love this SUV. Have always wanted one, and now we got one at a steal (in price).

HOWEVER, it *is* the basic touring (not Sport, not Grand), so it's missing some bells and whistles. I already have in mind to install an after-market in-dash radio with 6-CD changer and GPS... but I wanted to add the fog lights.

Can I order after-market and install them where the other trims show them, or must I go to the dealer for this (and can I even do this to this current model/basic trim).

Thanks - Joe
I am curious about this too, all though I think I will end up pre fab. some led DRL instead of OEM fog lights.

I know these OEM fog lights are available on the internet... I even found the fog light switch kit on amazon. Installing OEM will be a breeze... but I think the switch will be the hardest part. If you are light me, I never turn off my fog lights (on my 2010 mazda3 with LED fog light 'bulb') so I would just hard wire them into my parking lights, or head lights. The ONLY problem with this, is some states only allow for two sets of lights on the front of the car shining at once. For example, non HID models will have a projector low beam, and standard high beam. With high beams on, the fog lights would turn off, and low beams would remain on. With my work around, all of the lights would remain on.