Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Ipod hook up with bose system

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Default Ipod hook up with bose system

I just purchase 2008 CX9 with the Bose system, there is an aux plug in center console to hook up i pod. I purchased a 1/8x 1/8 audio cord for it but when i plug it in nothing happens, Media button doesnt toggle to anything. Dealer says I need a special universal cord that plugs into bottom of ipod. Guy at radio Shack says dealer is wrong. Does anyone have any info?
Thanks

Old 01-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Default RE: Ipod hook up with bose system

The cable is definitely NOT the issue.

I assume that you have checked the volume on both the iPod and the Bose system? Each input retains its own volume setting and the Aux input is initially set to 0.

The Aux input may be disabled depending on what other audio options you have. I think it's the Sat radio that conflicts. If that is the case, there is a switch box that can be installed to re-enable the Aux input.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:48 PM

If you have Sirius, you will need the switch box. There is only one aux port on the head unit, and it will only take 2 unit with that part.

You can order it here, and I will send you install instructions if you want to review them before ordering.

order here: http://tinyurl.com/34ja87

for the instructions, email: jowen@nelsonmazda.com

Old 01-25-2008, 06:42 PM

You deffinately got the incorrect information from the dealer...

Old 02-24-2008, 06:32 AM

Does your car have Sirius? If so you need to purchase a switch that allows both the Sirius and the Ipod to work. They both use the same jack on the back of the audio system, so you need the switch to hook them both up at once. Once you have it, the controls on the audio system work normally. Cost is around $140.00 plus installation. Actual hook-up is easy, but you have to go deep into the dash, so you may want the dealer to do it.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:07 PM

Just got my 08 CX-9 last night. Couldn't sleep so decided to check out all the features on the car. Plugged in my iPod with a 3.5mm plug. Didn't work at first. Started reading the manual, the quick tips guide....nothing. For some reason, something must have clicked in or I must have hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and reset something but it started working...

Old 03-17-2008, 10:03 PM

Hi, I'm looking to buy an 08 CX-9 and have an Ipod hook up question. I saw on the mazda web site that there is an Ipod integration kit for around $150. On the web site, it says: "Compatible with all iPods containing a 30-pin dock". If I got this, would this let me control my ipod from the radio (and steering wheel) controls? (e.g, volume, track forward, etc).

I know I can do this for under $10 with a standard male-mail audio cable, but I really like using my ipod in the car and it would be great to have the controls work.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:23 AM

Check this thread:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123663688

There's a whole discussion of the module as well as the installation / user's guide.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: larryc

Hi, I'm looking to buy an 08 CX-9 and have an Ipod hook up question. I saw on the mazda web site that there is an Ipod integration kit for around $150. On the web site, it says: "Compatible with all iPods containing a 30-pin dock". If I got this, would this let me control my ipod from the radio (and steering wheel) controls? (e.g, volume, track forward, etc).

I know I can do this for under $10 with a standard male-mail audio cable, but I really like using my ipod in the car and it would be great to have the controls work.
Yes the Mazda cable will allow you basic control from the steering wheel. The Boise system controls will allow you to switch between I Pod modes. Playlist, etc..

If you turn your Boise system off. You then can re-boot the I Pod and at that point until you power the car off the I Pod will return to normal mode which allows you to use the Ipod to control it in its normal fashion. I mention this as finding a specific song using the boise system is impossible. I just set the mode and turn it on and bump the song if I do not want to listen to it. Or I bump it into Ipod mode and find the playlist I want or song etc and then just let it play. If you like to play with your I Pod I might suggest an aftermarket interface instead.

If you like to just listen to the music the Mazda cable is okay. I Pod Shuffles will not work with this cable. Nanos and full I Pods only.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:12 PM

So, what is the best solution for someone with Navi touchscreen, Sirius, and Bose? The switch will give me the Aux input, correct? And there is no option for iPod integration module? Or has this been resolved since the earlier posts?

Thank you,
Craig

Quick Reply: Ipod hook up with bose system