Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

The all-new Mazda CX-9!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by mcbrains

With the Heads Up display, I did see street names periodically show up, but not there all the time. Didn't keep enough track to see when. Maybe at a mile out from the turn or something? Just keep an eye on it, you'll see it.
I play a bit with the HUD features today and don't see the street names at the beginning. I turned off and ON street names on the HUD menu and still no street names.

I reset the HUD to factory settings and then see the street names. I figure it out then the issue was related with the TAC!

If you enable the TAC, you will not see street names!.

Very bad because I love the TAC. But I notice when TAC is disabled and NAV is working, there is a great ammount of GPS information in the HUD, very nice! We don't only see street names, distance and arrows but bridges and lane information! very nice!

And you can setup if the street names needs to be turned off, are showed all time or just when you need to maneuver.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by matrix
I reset the HUD to factory settings and then see the street names. I figure it out then the issue was related with the TAC!

If you enable the TAC, you will not see street names!.
You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by TAC?

I did notice last night that I wasn't seeing street names either. But I dipped my head down to look at something and out of the corner of my eye I saw the street names in the HUD. All I had to do was adjust the height of the HUD and I could see them. They were being cut off by the cowl of the dashboard because it was set too high. Maybe it is because of how I have my seat, but I had to lower it all the way down. Check it out.

Old 07-28-2016, 02:56 PM

You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by TAC?

I did notice last night that I wasn't seeing street names either. But I dipped my head down to look at something and out of the corner of my eye I saw the street names in the HUD. All I had to do was adjust the height of the HUD and I could see them. They were being cut off by the cowl of the dashboard because it was set too high. Maybe it is because of how I have my seat, but I had to lower it all the way down. Check it out.
the problem I had regarding not viewing street names in the Hud was not related with height but with the Tac.

When you enable the Tac in the Hud, you will not see street names.

The Tac is the Tachometer

The Hud height is related with the memory seat and keys. You can setup 2 memories with the seats and 2 memories with the keys. In total you have 4 memory options for seats and Hud settings.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:31 PM

The Tac is the Tachometer
Thanks for the clarification as I didn't know either.

I'm used to the common "tach" abbreviation for tachometer.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:48 PM

When you enable the Tac in the Hud, you will not see street names.
I guess I need to look closer at all my settings. I didn't even know that you could select the tach in the HUD.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Turborascal
Thanks for the clarification as I didn't know either.

I'm used to the common "tach" abbreviation for tachometer.
Apologies. Tach is the abbreviation for English. I used Tac (the abbreviation for Spanish).

Old 07-28-2016, 05:10 PM

I guess I need to look closer at all my settings. I didn't even know that you could select the tach in the HUD.
In the HUD settings you can enable it/ disable it, adjust height, rotation, bright, street names (off, all times / maneuver) and enable/disable the Tach.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:06 PM

Guys, very close to pulling the trigger on this vehicle, Grand Limited CX-9. Test drove one and the only thing I could not really determine was cabin noise level on the highway at 75 MPH

how noisy is it ? Engine ? Revvy ? Our current 2004 Honda Pilot pulls about ?? 1500 RPMs at 75 MPH

Old 07-29-2016, 09:00 AM

1,500 rpms @ 75 mph? That's an extremely low engine speed ... more akin to a large V-8 at that velocity.

My '16 CX-9 turns about 2,200 rpms at 75 mph ... still relatively slow compared to some cars that turn 3,000 to 4,000 rpms at that speed.

For me, the vehicle is very comfortable and quiet at 75 - 80 mph.
The engine noise is understated, wind noise minimal, and road noise from the tires quite low.

I test-drove a new Pilot and believe that it may be slightly quieter at that speed, but not enough to justify its premium price.

The sharper handling and styling at a price considerably below that of an equivalent Pilot won me over.
Six weeks and 1,100 miles into ownership, I'm still very satisfied.

All comments are MY impressions.
To confirm and solidify your own opinions, I recommend that you take another test drive; as you'd be the one who has to live with the vehicle.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Justin Michael
I'm actually a Mazda Sales Manager and I have to say I was eagerly awaiting the CX-9 to drop from the factory. We received a signature and the Grand Touring in at the same time. I'm actually not a fan of the Signature interior color choice. I took the Grand Touring out for a drive as soon as it was ready and immediately fell in love.

I've never driven a car that is so smooth and responsive. It instantly won me over. The turbo is so quick and honestly the gas mileage is wonderful.

I'm a pretty big guy and I have a hard time even fitting in Tahoe/Suburban because I am all upper body. My head hits the ceiling in just about every car I've ever had/driven. The CX-9 is beyond perfect and the best part is my head doesn't touch and I have about 3-4 inches of head room with the seat all the way down and the passenger behind me will still have plenty of room as well. The only downfall is that I cannot see the heads up display except for the speed portion, which is at the bottom of the display. And that is with it adjusted all the way down.

Needless to say, I know own the the Soul Red Grand Touring that we got in and I have to admit, it is worth every single penny.

This vehicle and this engine specifically is a game changer for Mazda. I truly hope this engine is offered on the Mazda3, Mazda6 and even the CX-5. They'd see a tremendous increase in sales, especially on the CX-5. The 2.5L 4-cylinder barely cuts the cake and I love the CX-5. I've driven nothing but the CX-5 as my dealer car.

If you haven't driven the 2016 CX-9, you really need to. You'll find out just how much fun it is, but also the perfect family vehicle as well. Love the design on the second row to gain access to the third row-- even those with car seats. The only down fall is that the second row still doesn't lay flat, but I guess that is a CX-9 thing in general.
Justin. Do you finally get your GT?

Quick Reply: The all-new Mazda CX-9!