Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

2016 CX-9 prices

Old 11-15-2016, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by matrix
Sorry, what's "OTD price" ??

that's the price you paid (including taxes and fees) before you drove the car back home, like the final price.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Russ
Very likely AFTER trade-in or down payment.
Yes I do agree. It should be after trade in or down payment .

Old 11-15-2016, 04:52 PM

So you mean he get this price after down payment?

So 34,500 was not the final price (including taxes)??

What I mean is:

Vehicle price - discounts + Fees and Taxes - trade-in/down payment = Out-the-door cost

In my case: (exact quote from the dealer)

MSRP:$41,370.00 (2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD)

- INTERNETPRICE: $39,370.00 ($2000 discount)

- Mazda Loyalty Discount $500.00

+ TAX:$3,188.97 (~ 8.1%)

+ LICENSE& FEES: 721.90 (Motor Vehicle Registration and Title)

+ DOCUMENTARYFEE: $499.00

TOTAL:$43,280.77

- DOWNPAYMENT: $5,000.00

TOTAL:$38,280.77 (total amount I financed)

Old 11-15-2016, 05:18 PM

go4sacchi, are you looking to purchase? I have some advise for-what-it's worth.

- Finding exactly what you want (trim, colors...) may be difficult due to availability. There are very few of these around tho it is getting better. My wife was adamant that she wanted a light color interior (not black) and I wanted Soul Red. If they had made Soul Red an available color on the Signature, that's the one I'd have gotten. So I went with Grand Touring front-wheel-drive (I live in the Phoenix area, AWD is unnecessary here)

- DO NOT pay for dealer add-ons. Window tinting, paint protection etc... It is all over-priced BS designed to pad the dealers bottom line. Negotiate the price from MSRP or the advertised price and ignore the add-on fluff.

- If you are trading in, get at LEAST full trade in value. Don't let them give you any crap about what they can buy your car for from the auction.

- Be prepared to walk away. If you are anywhere near their acceptable price point they will call you back. Try another dealer.

- Get a quote from the dealer via email before you even go in. That's the way I did it. I had already test drove the CX-9 and decided on trim and color, I found the dealer that had it and contacted a sales person for a quote. I never even went to the dealership (which was 40 miles away), negotiated over email and they delivered the car to my home. I signed the papers and that was it.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:34 PM

- Finding exactly what you want (trim, colors...) may be difficult due to availability. There are very few of these around tho it is getting better. My wife was adamant that she wanted a light color interior (not black) and I wanted Soul Red. If they had made Soul Red an available color on the Signature, that's the one I'd have gotten. So I went with Grand Touring front-wheel-drive (I live in the Phoenix area, AWD is unnecessary here)

- DO NOT pay for dealer add-ons. Window tinting, paint protection etc... It is all over-priced BS designed to pad the dealers bottom line. Negotiate the price from MSRP or the advertised price and ignore the add-on fluff.

- If you are trading in, get at LEAST full trade in value. Don't let them give you any crap about what they can buy your car for from the auction.

- Be prepared to walk away. If you are anywhere near their acceptable price point they will call you back. Try another dealer.

- Get a quote from the dealer via email before you even go in. That's the way I did it. I had already test drove the CX-9 and decided on trim and color, I found the dealer that had it and contacted a sales person for a quote. I never even went to the dealership (which was 40 miles away), negotiated over email and they delivered the car to my home. I signed the papers and that was it.
Yes I am looking for a purchase. Thanks a lot for your valuable advice, really appreciate it. I will keep these points in mind. Btw how's your exp with the CX9, is it worth it? Also did you try the lease option than owning it ?

Old 11-15-2016, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by go4sacchi
that's the price you paid (including taxes and fees) before you drove the car back home, like the final price.
In USA how much taxes and items you need to pay for a new car?

In Mexico, you need to pay (to the dealer):

(a) Vehicle + (b) Taxes + (c) New Car Taxes (ISAN Impuesto Sobre Autos Nuevos) = Total Price

In order to "drive" the car (making the car legal on street), you need to pay to the Government:

(a) Plates [once] + (b) Tenencia (anual tax, depending the State) [yearly] + (c) Verification (Eco Testing) [every 4 years for new cars, after that, every 6 months]

And of course, you need to pay Insurance.

Some brands like BMW charge you transportation (from other states to the dealer)

Last edited by matrix; 11-15-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:48 PM

In USA how much taxes and items you need to pay for a new car?

In Mexico, you need to pay (to the dealer):

(a) Vehicle + (b) Taxes + (c) New Car Taxes (ISAN Impuesto Sobre Autos Nuevos) = Total Price

In order to "drive" the car (making the car legal on street), you need to pay to the Government:

(a) Plates [once] + (b) Tenencia (anual tax, depending the State) [yearly] + (c) Verification (Eco Testing) [every 4 years for new cars, after that, every 6 months]

And of course, you need to pay Insurance.

Some brands like BMW charge you transportation (from other states to the dealer)
Yes we pay very much the same taxes/fees here in the USA. In some states there is no sales tax and registration fees can be very different. But the government gets thier money one way or another with other taxes.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:14 AM

Yes I am in for a purchase. Thanks for your valuable
Suggestions. I will keep them in mind while dealing. Btw how's your experience with CX9? Didn't you think of getting the car on lease option than buying?

Old 11-16-2016, 10:23 AM

Yes, I am looking out for a CX-9. haven't test driven it yet. Thanks a lot for your advice. I will keep that in mind while dealing. BTW how's your experience with the new CX-9. did you try leasing option than owning it?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:26 AM

-----------------------

Thanks for your advice. I will keep that in mind while dealing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 CX-9 prices