Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

2016 CX-9 prices

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Default 2016 CX-9 prices

What is a "good deal" ? I am having a hard time searching internet for this data.

I am being quoted by a dealer $39,900 for GT FWD and $43,700 for Signature AWD. Any thoughts ?

Also, what is the main difference between the GT and Signature. The automatic braking and lane departure/assist system exists in both, correct ?

Thank You

Old 08-12-2016, 06:17 PM

I think the only difference between the Grand Touring and the Signature is Rosewood trim, Nappa Leather, LED grille accesnt lighting and standard AWD.

Smart city barking and lane departure are standard on both.

We got our CX-9 GT AWD in the Snowflake White Peal Mica for just under 45K OTD in CA in the begining of July. We were happy with our financing and our deal.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:23 AM

jsers1 provided the essential differences between the GT and Signature trims.
The GT DOES include all of the safety features.
The biggest difference is that the Signature trim is unavailable with FWD.

AWD adds $1,800 to the FWD GT price.
The list price for a GT AWD is 42,870 and the Signature 44,915.
Therefore the difference for the Signature extras alone is $2,045; or $3,845 if you include the upcharge for AWD over FWD.
Only you can decide whether AWD and the nonfunctional trim is worth the extra $

Assuming that you're talking price for the vehicle alone, you're being quoted $1,215 below sticker for a Signature with the GT price $1,170 below sticker.

They can do better on both.

I see that you're in Dallas.
When I lived in the area I got the best deals at Town North in Richardson.
I don't know if they're still competitive, as I haven't lived or purchased there for over 20 years.

If you're willing to travel a couple of hundred miles for a better deal, PM me for the name of my salesperson at one of the Austin dealerships along with his cell number.

Through numerous new Mazda purchases, this salesperson and dealership have beaten any other dealer within 500 miles and earned my business.

Best of luck getting what you want at a fair price.
I've had my CX-9 for nearly 2 months and remain quite pleased.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by jsers1
I think the only difference between the Grand Touring and the Signature is Rosewood trim, Nappa Leather, LED grille accesnt lighting and standard AWD.

Smart city barking and lane departure are standard on both.
You are correct. Only miss the led bar in the central console.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:18 PM

I live in Chandler AZ, a south suburb of Phoenix, and even with a large city and 6 or 7 Mazda dealers the CX-9's are few. When I was just shopping there were only ~ 60 in all trims within 100 miles. I went to the dealer I got my 6 from a few years ago to look at the CX-5. Didn't like it as the top trim was lacking in amenities that most all the other small SUV's had. They had a CX-9 Soul Red GT and the wife and I really liked it, fantastic drive, powerful, luxury interior and amenities. I did not buy that day as it was not my intention and the CX-9 interior was black and the wife wanted Sand. Went to another dealer and checked out the Signature, very nice also but we do not need AWD here and the hefty price tag was not worth it just for the napa leather seats.

We decided we wanted a CX-9 Soul Red GT FWD with Sand interior and there was only one available 35 miles away. Called up the dealer and they said no problem, they would deliver it to me. I did not even step on the showroom floor, no back and forth with the manager while I waited 4-5 hours and no high pressure sales pitch, GREAT. I asked the sales guy on the phone to email me his best OTD price and I would consider it. I went about my own business. He emailed $2000 off MSRP + Tax/title/doc fee, not bad. I asked for Mazda loyalty discount and got another $500 off. Made the deal, put cash down and financed the rest, they delivered the car to me, I signed the papers and that was it.

I did note that the window sticker also had the obligatory dealer add-ons of $1600 of near worthless "extras" designed to increase profit to the dealer. The sales guy never brought it up and I wouldn't have paid it anyway. Never pay for dealer add-ons unless they are actual value added, always negotiate from MSRP or better yet invoice. $600 to tint 2 windows, $400 for "paint protection", $300 for lifetime nitrogen in the tires is all BS, don't pay for it, ever. Good items would be wheel locks or premium floor mats if they were not included from the factory.

I'm very satisfied with the car and the purchase process I used, would/will do it that way again.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:11 PM

I am located in Austin and paid around 2,100 under MSRP. But I called multiple dealers even in other states and got the price down that way.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:02 PM

Yes it can be done if you are patient, I got $2500 off MSRP. There are very few of these cars available and even tho they have some great features and an excellent ride and drive, they are lacking many that the competition has like true 8-way power driver seat, memory settings that save more than just the seat position, no heated steering wheel, no cooling seats (in top trim), no power steering wheel tilt/telescope, panoramic roof, auto lift gate.......

Old 09-16-2016, 12:43 PM
Default New owner of 2016 grand touring

Hello everyone,
My wife and I just purchased a 2016 grand touring for 34,500 OTD. Hope that helps. This was here in Florida.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Morenar76
Hello everyone,
My wife and I just purchased a 2016 grand touring for 34,500 OTD. Hope that helps. This was here in Florida.
$34,500 out the door? New with zero miles or was it used?

Old 09-16-2016, 02:02 PM

New with 14 miles.

Quick Reply: 2016 CX-9 prices