Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Mazda CX7 DPF reset without MMDS tester

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 03:59 AM
Default Mazda CX7 DPF reset without MMDS tester

Hello

I know you can reset the DPF light easily with a cable by most of the mazda 2.0 diesel engines... But anyone knows how to to it with a Mazda CX7 2.2 diesel, also possible with a cable or pedal???

Thanks

Kim

Old 10-27-2013, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Do you want to clear the light after servicing?

Old 10-28-2013, 03:30 AM

Yes I do, the lamp is now flickering...

Kim

Old 11-26-2013, 06:06 AM

Hi I'm also after a way to reset the DPF light after a oil change.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:24 AM

Hello everyone!

Has someone figured out how to reset that annoying DPF light after an oil change in the 2.2 diesel CX-7? I hope somebody can help. :-)

Greets

€dit// I found the solution and wrote a short guide, have fun with it. ;-)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8A...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by a6s4z; 09-29-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:20 AM
Default Mazda Diesel MZR CD 2.2L turbo issue @130KLMS

Hello everyone!

Has someone figured out how to reset that annoying DPF light after an oil change in the 2.2 diesel CX-7? I hope somebody can help. :-)

Greets

€dit// I found the solution and wrote a short guide, have fun with it. ;-)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8A...it?usp=sharing

Hello
I have tried this today on CX7 Diesel MZR CD 2.2L . Did not work for me
My RHV4 turbo blew up. Mechanic was going to charge $3.5 -5 K to do the job. Flushed the oil, cleaned the sump and put new oil in.
I got the turbo reconditioned and tested, I put it back in. The car was at least idling when I turned it off for the last time before getting the turbo fixed.
Checked the oil level , could not tell exactly what level it was at do to the oil being so new. I thought it was just above high mark.
Turned the engine over, it ran for about twenty secs and then stopped. Now it has a new warning light appearing at the bottom of the Tacho just above the x1000r/min label. Looks like a n oil level light.
Check the oil level again. Now it appears the oil level is way to high. Drain some oil and now the oil level is within normal range about half way between L and H. But now the engine will turn over but not fire.I just wondering if the ecu has turned off the fuel pump due to these warnings.
Has anyone had any experience with these warning lights? It holidays here and nothing is open. Cant check the owners manual as this car did not hav e one when I bought it. Cant find an owners manual on the net for this model car.

Attached Thumbnails Mazda CX7 DPF reset without MMDS tester-oil-pressure-warning.jpg  
Old 04-05-2015, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Thats a water warning light for the fuel filter. Drain your fuel filter, bleed it and try starting it again..

Old 06-02-2015, 02:41 PM

Hi all, has anyone tried this reset for the dpf light and it's worked ok? I have the same issue and want to reset the dpf light after an oil change but was concerned by Sendo's comments and didn't know if this was the cause of his other problems or just coincidence?

Old 06-03-2015, 03:39 AM

Hi,

I ended up buying a OBDII scanner off eBay for $25 and downloading some free software from forscan.com and I can reset the DPF light and many other service function. Never taking my car back to Mazda again.
BTW I have a adblue pump forsale if anyone needs one. Mazda told me I needed a new one but there was nothing wrong with it so I have brand new one just sitting there.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:50 PM

steve can you give more info on download from Forscan.org and how you loaded it on to your ELM Thanks

Quick Reply: Mazda CX7 DPF reset without MMDS tester