Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Key / Car Interface Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 03:07 PM
Default Key / Car Interface Issue

I'm working on a 2010 CX-7 that typically gets very little use and I'd guess none in the last six months. In fact, it has 8,270 miles on it. A relative owns it and views it as a 3rd car / inclement weather only car. Anyway, the car battery died (1.2V on a volt meter) and wouldn't take a jump or a charge. At least that's what I thought until after I changed the car battery. The key fobs would not open the doors, no interior lights, no radio, etc -- and that's still the problem. I suspect, the immobilizer circuits made it appear totally dead.

I have changed the key fobs batts too, but the only way I can start the car is with the manual key. The a/c, GPS, and blind spot warning indicator in the mirrors work, but virtually nothing else. Even with the car running, no: radio, CD interior/map lights, etc. I can't even program the Homelink. Still can't get the doors to unlock with the fob and have to use the manual key.

Any idea what's up? Any user fix or do you think the codes were totally dumped and I have to visit the dealer? Any info would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you!