Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Check engine light

Old 03-05-2007, 03:21 AM
Default RE: Check engine light

Cycling the key on and off 50 times is not going to reset the light. HAHAHAHAH.What the hell are they thinking ELUSIVEP5?? And that is not what you should need to do anyway. I assume that you are getting a recurring P0455 Evap Gross Leak Detected? This problem is so often just blamed on a loose fuel filler cap and not properly diagnosed. There is a program out for replacing the fuel filler cap on CX-7 and a few other cars within a certain production date but that is not always necessarily the problem. If the same code is being reset time and again then there is obviously another issue going on that is being blown off by the dealer. I have replaced several leak detection pumps, a purge control valve and numerous filler caps to solve P0455 problems but they are all unique and require Evap leaks check to be performed. There is a self test that the computer can perform as part of the diagnosis but a test also needs to be performed using IDS and MODE 6 device control along with use of a pressure testing system that your dealer should have.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Default RE: Check engine light

Hello all,

I had the gas cap replaced last year and the car ran well for a few month until early this year. The CEL turned on again. I took my car to the dealer and was told the same. That was the gas cap (it has been replaced already). After taking the car back for a week. The CEL turned on again. This time, it turned on a few days, and then turned off. It's been doing that for three weeks and I just called Mazda dealer this morning. I don't think it's the gas cap that causes the CEL to turn on because the CEL turns itself on / off between the gas re-fill interval (so the gas cap remains closed all the time). B

Besides this problem, I also notice that on a very cold day, the transmission does not work well too. It happened to me twice where the car shifted to the 3rd,the 4th,and back tothe 3rd gear. Then it stuck there even when the engine revwas 3000rpm. When I stopped the car,it shiftedfrom3rdto 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1stgear. I told the dealer that and theysaid they need to test drive it. Yet how can they test drive it when it does not happen all the time? Very funny. This is my first Mazda (I alwayshad Honda) andI am very disappointed at Mazda. I should havebought a Honda instead of this one.