Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your complaints on the cx-5 (for next gen to improve)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 04:31 PM

Allot of owners with the Tom Tom are having problems. Back to the dealer fo us when the blue tooth wont hook up. I called Blue Tooth and they said looks like the computer is not recognizing the Blue Tooth system. When you speak to Tom Tom to set a destination try speaking softly but moderately quickly but direct your voice at your rear view mirror. That seems to have worked for me.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:31 PM
Default 2015 Mazda CX-5 GT in Calgary, Canada

My wish list after 5 months of ownership:
- fix the problem with spontaneous windshield cracking (appears to be an ongoing issue according to my dealer & I just replaced mine today where it cracked for no apparent reason)
- fix the back wiper so it can be lifted up (like the front wipers) to allow for easier cleaning of the rear window (including scraping ice and removing snow)
- beef up the rear window defroster so it does a better job of keeping ice melted on back window
- consider adding "windshield wiper de-icers" (my Toyota Highlander had heated wires in the bottom of the windshield to help prevent ice from building up on the wipers when driving in heavy snow) - this has been an issue for me already in my limited time with the vehicle

Old 01-28-2015, 04:18 PM

Outfit the GT model with tires that you can actually drive through the snow with. I have better confidence in my GTI and AWD performance is just slightly better than the 2WD car with the Toyo tires. In fact, I got stuck just messing around in a parking lot with 12" of snow on the right side of the vehicle. My old SUV was a 2010 Ford Escape Limited and the stock Michelens look like they could go 80K miles (60K lease was up with 56K miles), the Toyos after 25K miles and really bad winter driving performance, I am already thinking about replacing to REAL tires. I understand they wanted this SUV to be a car, but at the end of the day, when I think about taking out the GTI in several inches of snow because I have better confidence in it's all around performance (stopping, turning, predictability), they failed on their mission as an SUV. I drove the Escape in Blizzards and around stuck cars and through drifts of snow with just the STOCK tires. I now worry about snowstorms once again!

Old 08-25-2015, 11:07 PM

I have a 2016 CX-5 Touring with Bose, Sunroof, and Navi.
- When using Blue Tooth the radio asks me if I want to download contacts and use texting every time I start the car. The Blue Tooth does not connect or stay connected all of the time.
- When I use either my phone or a flash drive in the USB jack, every time I go to the list of songs it shows the very start in alphabetical order. It would be nice if it were to show me the currently playing song. As it is I have to scroll through all of the songs until I get to the songs after the one I am listening to. On occasion it will show me the root of the flash drive and I have to re-select the music folder.
- When I test drove this car it seemed smoother than my previous car which was a Honda Accord Coupe. As I drive it more the ride feels more harsh and it makes me wish I had considered a different car. Driving for extended periods gives a very irritating and ear-ringing ride.
-This may be because I was used to a V6 in my previous car, but this engine doesn't produce much torque below 3000 RPM or so, and in so many instances its a game of step on the gas and wait for the power to kick in.

I actually like the Bose speakers. The bass is a lot better in this car without a sub woofer than my Accord was with a sub woofer.