Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When to pull the trigger on a 2014 Touring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by zanemoseley
One more thing was the $1700 off MSRP everything but TTL or did the add a doc fee back onto that? The dealer in Lexington has a $559 doc fee but I just add it back into the MSRP since its pretty much a bogus fee. Dealers are good for making you feel like you're getting a deal off MSRP then bloating the end price with BS fees.
I'd negotiate that away. Make the salesperson explain to you why you should have to pay $600 for a woman, who is paid $12 an hour, to spend 20 minutes typing up document- it's absurd. Hell, $600 is what it would cost to have the valves adjusted on my Kawi Concours 14 and that is a helluva lot harder to do than type up a couple of forms!
Some people think that it is a mandatory fee, like taxes and stupidly pay it without thinking. It is pure profit.I call it "go find another dealer" fee. It is $500 too much and while that might sound like a drop in the cost of the car (I am sure salesmen use that line too!) it is a lot of money and I can think of lot better uses for $500 than padding a salesman wallet (like it will pay for one person to go on a cruise to AK!)
I know that some states have caps on it. For example, in my state (NV), dealers will charge $400-$600 for it and refuse to budge, but I can go to CA where it is capped at $80. That, plus the lower cost of the car, makes it worthwhile to get a plane ticket and drive it home.
Looking at the figures I have gotten so far on a '15, I can get the same car for at least $1,000 less by traveling to CA. I'll spend about $120 on a plane ticket, maybe $100 for fuel on the way back, but I'll also save money, visit some family while I am down there and have nice ride home to break it in.
You might want to check out neighboring states.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:55 AM

Congrats zanemoseley on new super clean CX-5. Enjoy!

Old 03-29-2014, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by CC58
Just look for leather boot on shifter and you will know its 2014.5. Got mine at Jim Ellis Mazda in Atlanta. Look at plate in door sill to insure it was built after 10/2013 so you get the advanced chassis that gets best crash test rating. Only options I got on Touring model was Bose since the stock radio is really bad. Even the Bose has some issues with USB, but a qwerk of owning a CX-5. So far I've gotten 26mpg on two tanks of gas doing city driving. Amazing mpg.
Hi there,

Can you be more precise on this advanced chassis thing?? I purchased my CX-5 1 month ago and the date inside the door shows 11/2013. Were the CX-5's that were built prior to October of a lesser quality chassis?? Btw, the USB thing is very annoying. I called Mazda yesterday and was told they were well aware of it and were working on a fix. Would love to know more about this advanced chassis thing though.

Bon

Old 03-30-2014, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bon Scott
Hi there,

Can you be more precise on this advanced chassis thing?? I purchased my CX-5 1 month ago and the date inside the door shows 11/2013. Were the CX-5's that were built prior to October of a lesser quality chassis?? Btw, the USB thing is very annoying. I called Mazda yesterday and was told they were well aware of it and were working on a fix. Would love to know more about this advanced chassis thing though.

Bon
Read this.
CX-5 Takes Top Safety Pick...But only ones built after Oct 2013?

Old 03-30-2014, 10:46 AM

Wow!! Many thx, CC58.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:43 PM

My wife and I just got our new CX-5 Sunday, 2014.5 Touring with tech package, sunroof/Bose in soul red and sand interior with a roof rack. According to my online inventory search and the dealer search it was the last one within 150 miles of us as the 2015's are still on the boat so to speak and the 2014's are running low. Mine was purchased on an Eplan so price was set by Mazda no haggling on anything.

So far we are quite pleased with the car. I had not run into this website until I started researching accesories for the car (after we bought). Was a little taken back at all the negative posts on here so fingers are crossed the car continues to be a good vehicle for us. Looks wise it's a beautiful car, a real head turner in the red color (my opinion anyway).

Old 04-03-2014, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by CX5racer
My wife and I just got our new CX-5 Sunday, 2014.5 Touring with tech package, sunroof/Bose in soul red and sand interior with a roof rack. According to my online inventory search and the dealer search it was the last one within 150 miles of us as the 2015's are still on the boat so to speak and the 2014's are running low. Mine was purchased on an Eplan so price was set by Mazda no haggling on anything.

So far we are quite pleased with the car. I had not run into this website until I started researching accesories for the car (after we bought). Was a little taken back at all the negative posts on here so fingers are crossed the car continues to be a good vehicle for us. Looks wise it's a beautiful car, a real head turner in the red color (my opinion anyway).
Hi I am considering a similar configuration, CX-5 Touring FWD. Can you let me know what was the final price?

Old 04-03-2014, 02:41 PM

My purchase was on the Eplan for Mazda employees, it's a set price off the dealer invoice based on the VIN number, it was $26,600 + fees & tax.