Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 01:30 AM

Not sure if I ever posted pics. I joined the forum a little while back but usually don't comment.

We added the roof rails months after we purchased. I painted the rails along with the back emblem with black plasti-dip. They match the trim perfectly.

Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!-roof-rail-1.jpg

Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!-roof-rail-2.jpg

Old 03-29-2017, 08:28 PM
Default 2017 CX-5 on Order

New to the forum but not necessarily the vehicle. Daughter has a 2013 CX-5; love the size and utility.
Buying my wife a new 2017 CX-5 Gran tOURING 2WD. Placed the order with the dealer.
The dealer says and confirms that the vehicle was made on 3/15....I have the VIN #.
Question, has anyone gotten their 2017 yet? Any idea the timeline from creation to delivery? I am in the SE US.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:53 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kevin_JAX
New to the forum but not necessarily the vehicle. Daughter has a 2013 CX-5; love the size and utility.
Buying my wife a new 2017 CX-5 Gran tOURING 2WD. Placed the order with the dealer.
The dealer says and confirms that the vehicle was made on 3/15....I have the VIN #.
Question, has anyone gotten their 2017 yet? Any idea the timeline from creation to delivery? I am in the SE US.
The 2017 CX-5s started hitting the western Washington area this week. The ships hit port late last week. I test drove a Touring early in the week and am picking up my GT w/ premium tomorrow morning.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

We had the first of our New CX-5's in the shop getting prepped this week. Officially on sale now.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:01 AM

As I have heard 2017 is available for purchase, however, usually you need to wait 3-4 months when you order it. I decide to wait next year to get CX-5 diesel version.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:31 AM

New member and new car...
2017 CX-5 Grant Touring in Soul Red. Hoo-haw!

Old 06-13-2017, 02:50 AM

I have the impression that Mazda uses different model designations per country. Example: here in Belgium we don't see "Touring" or "Grand Touring", but we are given the choice between "Skydrive", "Skymove", "Skycruise", etc... In the Netherlands you have "S", "TS", "TS+", "GT-M",...

Does anyone see clear in the differences or similarities between all these flavours? And does it make sense for Mazda to come up with different CX-5 car families in different countries? This seems as many useless investments to me. Agree?

Old 06-14-2017, 02:48 AM

This is a regular procedure, not only for Mazda. Many car companies offer different trim levels on the each market. However, this is usually for the different continents, e.g in the US you have more petrol engines in the offer, but a lack of diesel engines... Also, trim levels and colors companies change every year, because they are abolished models with the poor sale and they try to increase sale with something new.

So, this isn't anything new...

Old 06-14-2017, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nenad85
So, this isn't anything new...
Thanks for your reaction, but this is certainly new to me.
I've ordered my first Mazda, coming from Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc... And with those guys you were always and everywhere confronted with base models, and thousands (sort of speaking) of options. With Mazda you just choose a type, and all options are included.

What a relief!

But when I started to compare those types with what Mazda offered in other countries, I didn't find the same type names, hence my question...

Old 06-15-2017, 04:25 AM

I would also line to see new Mazdaspeed 3 model soon. I have read a long time ago that it should arrive in 2018 with a 2.5-liter petrol engine that will produce about 185 hp. However, I don't see that anyone talk about it recently ...

Quick Reply: Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!