Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Tire Pressure: Increase Pressure" message wont go away.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Question "Tire Pressure: Increase Pressure" message wont go away.

I got this message of Friday (8/23/13) afternoon. I visually checked my tires and they all seemed okay. I went to the gas station and set the pressure on the air machine to 34PSI. It was a hot summer day and guess what, I deflated the tires from 40PSI to 34PSI!! I reset the TPMS switch. The message was still there.

Realizing my mistake, I went back and inflated the tires back to 40PSI. I reset the TPMS switch. The message was still there. I drove a while on Saturday thinking it will take a while for the warning message to disappear. Nothing. I woke up early today (Sunday) and wen to the gas stations and set the PSI for all the tires to 34PSI (It was 57 degrees) so the tires were cold. I reset the TPMS switch. The message was still there!!

Given that the tires looked fine when the message first appeared, I am led to believe maybe this message had nothing to do with the tire pressure in the first place. I am calling the service shop tomorrow Monday. I will keep you posted but if anyone has any idea what is going or what I should do, please share.

Thanks.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:27 AM

I don't know how the tribute is set up but there is a pressure monitor on my Windstar. It compares the wheel speeds of the 4 wheels. When one of them spins faster than the others over some time the "check tires" goes on. After inflating the tires I need to manually reset the monitor.
In addition there is a system calibration program. Once I have that "on" I need to make 2 tight loops going left followed by 2 loops going right. That gives the computer the base line to calculate normal wheel speeds.
When the tire pressure drops that wheel will spin faster because the effective tire diameter shrunk.
Check your manual. I bet it details your system.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:20 AM

RESOLVED - Just as I suspected, the warning light had nothing to do with TPMS. It was the message displayed to remind me to go check my tire pressure. I had set it for reminder every 1 month and by default it reminds you 15 days before so I was getting the warning in just 14 days. This is why I was confused. Needless to say, I turned off the reminder.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:59 PM

Hey thanks a lot I also got a 2014 mazda cx5 and I was going crazy checking the tires and initializing the tire system I did keep the tire reminder but I set it up to 4 months thanks a lot

Old 07-17-2014, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tanzanite
RESOLVED - Just as I suspected, the warning light had nothing to do with TPMS. It was the message displayed to remind me to go check my tire pressure. I had set it for reminder every 1 month and by default it reminds you 15 days before so I was getting the warning in just 14 days. This is why I was confused. Needless to say, I turned off the reminder.
I have a 2014CX5 as well and my TPMS came on this past weekend. I adjusted tire pressure to cold tire recommended pressure and light stayed on. I just reset the TPMS switch but how do you set the reminder?
Thanks

Old 07-18-2014, 06:24 AM

Sounds like your maintenance reminder is on just need to reset it from there and it will go away