Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Subwoofer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Default Door Mounting

I am looking over the specs of the system and am wondering if it would be worth it to mount some lightweight 8" subs in the place of the 23cm Nd woofers in the front doors - then maybe cut some nice holes in a different part of the door and mount smaller 6" woofers?

Has anyone tried anything?

I went from the BMW Harmon Kardon system in my 2011 3 series to the CX5 (we had a kid) and its killing me that this stereo sounds so horrible - of course its not a high line car, but would expect more from Bose...

Thanks for any suggestions...

Old 07-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Default Is200

I know someone on mazdas 247 forum put the Focal IS200 8" components in his front doors, I'm contemplating doing the same or sticking with 6.5" components.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by av8or
yes your right sorry i knew they weren't subs just got caught up in thread subject and misspoke

sort of cool PDF file showing us the parts of the Bose system in the CX-5

www.bose.no/NO/no/.../Mazda_CX5_en_tcm93-56157.pdf

Enjoy!

Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Default Pair of subs

I just ordered focal replacements for my stock speakers and a pair of Alpine SBR-S83V subwoofers for my CX-5. I plan to take the spare out and put the subs in the spare tire well. Instead of a spare I will carry an air compressor, tire plugs, and can use the USAA roadside assistance if the tire isn't salvageable (I can always carry the spare if I'm going on a long trip). I'll be posting pictures on the mazda247 forum when I do the installation, everything should fit perfectly.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 AM

Anyone know if something like this would work???

JL Audio SB-MA-3-HTB/10W3v3 (sbma3htb10w3v3) Mazda3 Hatchback

Old 08-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Default Alpine SBR-S83V

I put 2 of these in my CX-5 tonight where the spare tire should be, they fit perfectly and sound great. I have more install info on mazdas247 forums

Old 12-29-2012, 06:32 PM

Has anyone removed the stock touch screen radio to see if there are subwoofer pre outs on the back? I'm curious if I can just run the RCA cables to an amplifier and then to a subwoofer or if it will be more complicated than that. Thanks!

Old 03-26-2013, 04:06 AM

Since there is a power outlet in the rear of the CX-5 grand touring would I just need to tap into one of the rear door speakers?
Could there be a better place to tap in the one of the speakers like a place under the dash.

The CX-5 has no thump at all. I can not imagine what the standard system would sound like.

I forgot about the two speakers in the far back in the cargo area. These two speakers are actually connected together in parallel (Single Channel probably combination of right and left channels).
One of my concerns is the car's radio may not send the full spectrum of frequency (Filtered the lows out). The fader Front to Back does change the volume of these speakers.
Right to Left has no effect.

The rear sides have a hatch to change the tail lights I am hopeful that I will be able to reach the speaker wires thru the hatch or the wires will be accessible elsewhere.

I am thinking of a powered sub-woofer (8", 125 watts) that does not rattles the windows just adds a little bass. I do not see the need to run a wire to the battery. The power outlet has a 15 amp fuse and is rated at 10 amps per the cover. The amp will either have a 7.5 amp fuse or a 15 amp fuse currently. This current will not be continues like a light or heater would be.

The front speakers are actually described as the woofers in the manual.
I could hook the amp to the amplifier in the car but it appears to be easier.

I am looking at Cruthfield currently I do not know of any other places to look. Best buy does not have sub-woofers for car.

Last edited by CX-5-2013; 03-31-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:28 PM

Hi all,

I just bought the cx5 with the bose pkg. I am not sure if it comes with a subwoofer. where can I find it if it exists.

thanks

Old 07-29-2013, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by andygup02
Hi all,

I just bought the cx5 with the bose pkg. I am not sure if it comes with a subwoofer. where can I find it if it exists.

thanks
it doesn't exist, there are two 8" woofers in the doors, thats the extent of low frequency handling

Quick Reply: Subwoofer?